What's new

From My Archives

Eric.

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
388
Reaction score
10
Location
Vancouver
So my archieves arn't deep, as I've only been taking photos avidly since june. But! This is from early August. My sister and I went on a roadtrip to Southern Alberta via all the back highways. We found a bunch of abandoned houses, but this one was by far our favorite.

Barn.jpg


Country.jpg


and this one was just creepy!

Houseslandscape.jpg


There was burnt piles like this one all around the house. We also found a shotgun shell and bone fragments.

Burnt.jpg
 
Nice work eric. Like your BW conversions. :thumbup:
I think overall the first one is my fave. The sky roks and the house looks nice an creepy.
 
The first one, highly contrasted as it is, has a lot of drama, so I think. I was really drawn to it when I opened the thread first.
But I also like the pano'ed third photo, which displays the wideness and emptiness of the country around these abandoned farms so well. I can almost hear and feel the wind in Photo 3 and that is what I like about it.
 
Thanks for the comments all! I appreciate it.

LaFoto, thanks for the thoughts on the third one! You pretty much hit it dead on for my reasoning behind the photo. Thanks again!
 
Very cool Eric. Number one is just killer. Well done!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom