What's new

From my highschool portfolio

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 1, 2009
Messages
637
Reaction score
27
Location
cornelius, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was packing up my room getting ready for the move and I came across my old high school photography portfolio, here are 4 of my favorites that I found while going through it. sorry the last one is a bit blurry, it was really hard to get a picture of it. These are all hand developed by me in the classrooms darkroom


$DSC_0002.webp


$DSC_0003.webp


$DSC_0004.webp


$DSC_0005.webp
 
One thing I do not miss is my class's dark room. Wouldn't mind my own if I ever got back into film. But sharing was a nightmare. Someone taped their film to one of the little brackets that holds it when you go to print and didn't bother to clean off the adhesive and it got all over some of my film strips. Gah!!!

Here are some of my old ones from the "Darkroom Days" With all the usual aggravations of film: Dust, fuzz... and what not


$bnw Casey.webp

$bnw Casy Sleeping.webp

$bnw Tim and Uta.webp

Question: I have noticed over time some of my old prints have developed discoloration. Would you happen to know why that happens? Was I doing something wrong? That never did come up in class.
 
those are really nice, i really want to build a darkroom in my house whenever i get my own place, of course id have to re-learn how to do everything but itd be easier to sell prints when i have complete control over my work
 
and to answer your question, did you put your prints in an archival wash or possibly keep them in a folder that toned it somehow?

the archival wash should have prevented that from happening if you ever put your prints through one
 
That third one, the frequency of light & shadow gives the impression that it's actually moving in the photo....very cool.
 
thank you, only problem with that one i remember being in the darkroom for a loooooong time burning that top middle because it was way too bright
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom