What's new

From My Portfolio

Craig Sillitoe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
213341047.jpg


From the Portfolio Page on my Blog
 
I have no comment regarding the first one :lol:

The second one really doesn't do anything for me aside from the mysterious-mood lighting. I guess I don't see the correlation b/t the lit face of the driver, the visible backdrop of the sky, and the silhouette of the building.
 
What building? or do you mean the sign on the roof that says Yellow Cabs? Dark but visible on my screen.
 
I cant believe i missed it the first time and didnt realize it was a taxi cab! xD

Well in that case, i think it would be better if the sign was illuminated more, but thats just my opinion
 
I cant believe i missed it the first time and didnt realize it was a taxi cab! xD

Well in that case, i think it would be better if the sign was illuminated more, but thats just my opinion

Fair enough, I guess I didn't think of that at the time :)
 
36895626.jpg


Wilsons Promontory, Squeaky Beach. Victoria Australia.

A one hour start-trail image. I 'painted' the rock in the foreground with torch-light, but while I was walking back to the camera I dropped my car keys in the sand and had to use the fluoro torch to find them. Damn! :)
 
223189406.jpg


Farmer concerned that his Canola seed is contaminated with genetically modified seed grown nearby.
 
^ that is a real cool perspective. it would have been cooler if you have shown the basket or container that the seeds are falling into, just to complete the motion
 
hey you've got some good help there thanks. yeah i did try that actually, but it detracted from the effect of the falling seeds.

i think sometimes what is implied is as important as what's spelt out, don't you? implication might be that the farmer is throwing away his seed because he fears it is contaminated (that was the story behind the photo).
 
Now thats more like it. DOF on this is great. Awesome work
 
Thanks very much, there is a story to this. Because I needed a shot that showed the city backdrop then I needed a very wide lens. But none of my lenses focus close enough to get the bees. So I 'hacked' my 15mm f2.8 to make it macro focus. The lens did survive and the bees didn't sting so I'm happy :)
 
Last edited:
270325370.jpg

For a story about the price of dairy milk rising. When I arrived late, I asked the farmer if we could quickly move a cow into place for a photo, "Oh we never touch the cows, they're very shy" he said, "and they give better milk that way." So I spent the next hour sheepishly tiptoeing around the paddock with a camera, the farmer tiptoed as well, holding my speedlight. The cows were like movement sensor alarms, move too quickly and they're off. Farmers wife is in the background.
 
^ this is actually a pretty comical photo. i like the human-like figure (scarecrow??) in the background. it's like he's saying " wut u doin eatin my grass ??"
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom