From the Beach

Velocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these at Blackpool as an experiment. Any comments are welcome.

IMG_4190600x400.jpg

IMG_4185600x400.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look at this and comment Tyson. I was looking for a different slant on beach shots. The Sea wall's curve I found interesting looking like a wave. The Steps leading up from the beach I found interesting dur to the textures and colours.

A green beach photo! :lovey: :heart: :lovey:

Velocity: you are my friend already.

Blackpool? That's where my much revered photographer friend Tony (tb2) takes his photos, too, isn't this so?

Thanks for taking the time to look at these and to leave a comment LaFoto. I'm glad that you like these. :) Blackpool is just over a 2 hour drive from where I live.

I like the second one. The Sea wall is cool

Thank you dese and BoblyBill for looking at these. glad you both like the second shot.

great colour in the first well done :)

The green color in #1 is great! On the other hand, I don't quite like the centered composition. For #2, I like your angle. I would like to see more of that green part in sight..

Velocity, I like the first one better than the second. Is the green really that color or did you bump up the saturation a little? It seems a littl too green to me (but that could be monitor). I would also like to see B/W with a pretty high contrast...I think that could make it a bit interesting. Also, if you can get back there, you might want to try angling your camera up higer...get more of the wall and less of the stairs.

As for the second one, I like the wall in it, but I feel that pier and beach somehow detract from the wall, which I'm assuming is really what you want us to see...especially as you mention in your post that it's the curve of the wall that excites you...show us that...walk around and look at it from different angles to figure out how best to convey the curve

Hope that helps.

Thank you all for taking the time to look at these and to give me your advice. The green has been adjusted just a little, it was very close the edited image but I felt it needed a little more punch. I will have a go at converting to B&W and see how it looks.

I may get back there later this year and try out your suggestions on a different composition.

Again thank you all. :wink:
Nige

Most reactions

Back