From the hike today

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which one do you like better of these ones taken on the trail?

1:

FernPathwayv21.jpg

2:

leaningtreesv2.jpg

Abandoned Barn:

BarnBWnobench.jpg

Last edited:
Picture 1 is interesting. Very green. I think that those darker green leaves in the front center left is a little distracting. My eyes keep going to that spot. I think maybe if you would have been if front of that front green foliage it would have been a more pleasant shot.

Number 2 is not bad I like the trees only wish I could see more of the barn. Nice black and white it does set the mood of spooky but in a cool way. One thing as I keep looking at the photo it starts to pull me in and makes me wonder what is on the other side of the hill. Actually as I continue to look I think this black and white is very nice picture. My favorite of the two you posted. When I started doing black and white I was afraid to use to much black but I can see in this photo how it really helps keep the eye looking around. Good use of shadows and dark tones.

My eyes followed the path in picture 1 all the way. Really a nice composition. It's just a little too much bright green. Tone it down, and you've got a winner. Picture 2 is just super. I like the steep looking up the hill view. And the two barren trees on either side of the barn just ads so much more to the over all ambiance of the photograph. Really well done.

Picture 1 is interesting. Very green. I think that those darker green leaves in the front center left is a little distracting. My eyes keep going to that spot. I think maybe if you would have been if front of that front green foliage it would have been a more pleasant shot.

Number 2 is not bad I like the trees only wish I could see more of the barn. Nice black and white it does set the mood of spooky but in a cool way. One thing as I keep looking at the photo it starts to pull me in and makes me wonder what is on the other side of the hill. Actually as I continue to look I think this black and white is very nice picture. My favorite of the two you posted. When I started doing black and white I was afraid to use to much black but I can see in this photo how it really helps keep the eye looking around. Good use of shadows and dark tones.

Thanks, I have a version I shot in portrait orientation which I'll post later which doesn't have the green-leafed plant that is a bit distracting to you.

Thanks for the feedback on the BW. With the silhouettes against the skyline, I thought BW was a good route to take here.

My eyes followed the path in picture 1 all the way. Really a nice composition. It's just a little too much bright green. Tone it down, and you've got a winner.

In my HDR treatments, I usually don't push saturation very far. I see what you're saying, that the saturation could be pulled back a little. Maybe particularly the fern in the foreground? Oregon forests tend to be very green though :sexywink:

Picture 2 is just super. I like the steep looking up the hill view. And the two barren trees on either side of the barn just ads so much more to the over all ambiance of the photograph. Really well done.

Thanks!

Updated with new trail pic

Most reactions

Back