From the Oldest Theater in New York State

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Originals from Hudson, New York, in 2010. The theater was supposed to receive a large restoration grant in 2016, When we were there in 2010, the town seemed to be gentrifying - art galleries but no supermarket.

E888F88F-F473-4E1A-AA58-F2CC80A8BC82.jpeg

3751CF5C-4B65-4501-A8B9-90082F3764CD.jpeg

83FC56B7-3FFF-4C3A-B125-AB26A84A82F2.jpeg

Love it! If only each layer of paint could tell a story...

Originals from Hudson, New York, in 2010. The theater was supposed to receive a large restoration grant in 2016, When we were there in 2010, the town seemed to be gentrifying - art galleries but no supermarket.

View attachment 252872

View attachment 252873

View attachment 252874

The town has continued to gentrify. There are tons of restaurants, boutiques, cafes, and some hotels on Warren St, but the supermarkets will always be on the edges of town, not down the main drag.

Hudson is about an hour away from me and one of my regular haunts :) Great pizza place there. Which theater is that? Next time I'm there, I can take some shots to see if/how the renovation is going.

It will be of great idea if you can get an image to see if/how the renovation is going
The town has continued to gentrify. There are tons of restaurants, boutiques, cafes, and some hotels on Warren St, but the supermarkets will always be on the edges of town, not down the main drag.

Hudson is about an hour away from me and one of my regular haunts :) Great pizza place there. Which theater is that? Next time I'm there, I can take some shots to see if/how the renovation is going

Hudson is about an hour away from me and one of my regular haunts :) Great pizza place there. Which theater is that? Next time I'm there, I can take some shots to see if/how the renovation is going

Hudson is about an hour away from me and one of my regular haunts :) Great pizza place there. Which theater is that? Next time I'm there, I can take some shots to see if/how the renovation is going.
It’s called Hudson Hall, and was originally an opera house. I just read a review on TripAdvisor which stated the renovation is still to come. I’m looking forward to seeing your photos of the place. I really miss our trips to the beautiful Hudson River Valley. My favorite billboard up there read “ Keep Olive Green!”

It’s called Hudson Hall, and was originally an opera house. I just read a review on TripAdvisor which stated the renovation is still to come. I’m looking forward to seeing your photos of the place. I really miss our trips to the beautiful Hudson River Valley. My favorite billboard up there read “ Keep Olive Green!”

Ah, the opera house, I know that place! I am pretty sure we saw construction going on, so I checked it out and as it turns out, I think your TripAdvisor review might be old. The renovation was completed: Grantee Spotlight: Hudson Hall Renovation Promotes Cultural and Economic Advancement | NYSCA

Most reactions

New Topics

Back