From todays photo shoot

writer45

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
HI:

I shot these for a client who also happens to be my vet. These were shot at her farm.

John

7383393-lg.jpg

7383207-lg.jpg

7382911-md.jpg

Nice pictures, a couple of thoughts:
1. The head/neck of the other horse is a little distracting. Perhaps some cloning/cropping to eliminate? I like the main subject, but it appears just a tad over-exposed
2. A greatt picture except for the blown highlights. A reduction of probably 1 1/2-2 stops and then a levels tweak would have helped greatly.
3. I love the expression on this guy's face, unfortunately, with his friend behind him, it makes for a rather confusing image.
In cases like this with a large dynamic range, check your camera's settings against the daylight exposure rule, or maybe try bracketing. Overall, nice animal pictures!

Same sentiments as tirediron.

Guess its the wrong time of the day to take the pictures due to strong light.
I am sure the photos will be perfect if taken in the evening or early morning!

Nevetheless, I like the last photo taken from low perspective. Nice shot!

"I wanna ride the pony!" - Toy Story Character

Great shots! Between 1 and 3 I can almost feel the coarse horse hairs on my fingertips and smell their sent. I was a stable hand and pack guide for awhile in my youth. That dapple looks like a friend of mine I'm sure long gone now who answered to the name Bar-T.

Guess its the wrong time of the day to take the pictures due to strong light.

That is my first and foremost thought about all three of these: the light was too bright for you to take any photos where exposure would have worked nicely. The highlights are all blown, and stopping down would have given you deep shadows and still very bright highlights.

But I like the second, it is quite formal, albeit taken outdoors and not in a studio, and is a "portrait" of the classic kind. Sort of (but the light... that light didn't do you nor your subjects any favours!).

The last may well be a funny perspective, but there's just one horse too many in the photo. ;)

Most reactions

Back