Frosted spider web

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wasn't sure if I should throw this in nature, or macro so I flipped a coin. Hopefully I got it right!

Anyways, I nearly froze my fingers off for this one, and the frost was already starting to melt. Next time I will try to get out earlier and bring gloves! I could barely tighten the screws on my tripod.

I accidentally broke my first choice of webs when I tried to pull a weed out of the shot. Who knew those things were so darn fragile when they were frosted over?! Anywyas, c&c always always appreciated!
15242585707_4719edd8f8_b_d.jpg

Very nice. thanks for going the extra mile.

Great shot but I can't help feeling sorry for the speeder :(

Very beautiful.

Cool! I've never seen one with frost on it before! Great shot!

Hmm, I Tried to quote and reply to everyone, but I keep getting an error message! Thanks for all the responses!
Hunter- It WAS cold! Took me a good 20 minuets holding my coffee to feel my fingers again!
Baturn, Glad to hear my efforts are appreciated. I nearly didn't go for it, since I had to "hike" on a slippery frost covered slope on a half sprained ankle to get it!
Pejacre- I DO feel sorry for the spider! My heart sunk when Its web crumbled. I had no idea it was even attached to the weed I pulled. For something stronger than steel I wouldn't have thought one little pull could cause it to fall.
Dagwood- I haven't really noticed either! I looked out on my deck this morning and suddenly there was 3 spider webs I had never noticed before. When that shot was a dud, I decided to hunt for a better background/lighting. There were DOZENS I could pick out from far away

Cool shot. That is the first frozen spider web I ever saw. I wonder if the spider was still living there.

Gloves are always a good thing when its cold like that but a good warm pair can often make it hard to do much with your fingers.. I have a pair of Fly racing Title gloves. There quite warm for how thin they are and I can still use my fingers really well when I wear them. I think they are made for snowmobile racing or motor cross in the winter

no insulation in the palms so holding on the a cold steering wheel when its 0 degrees out your palms get a little cold but I remember my fingers sweating in the gloves last winter and it was brutal cold to the point were I though my nostrils were freezing ever time i breathed in lol.

Beautiful.....looks like a Christmas ornament

A really really neat shot. It looks like a star.

Where is it cold enough for that? Looking at 100 degree weather all weekend long here. :(

Where is it cold enough for that? Looking at 100 degree weather all weekend long here. :(

Yeah, ^THAT.
My first thought was "Egads, where is she that they are going frozen spider webs already??" I am sooooooooo not ready for winter.

Jaca, can I come stay with you and the wifey for the winter? :D

Yeah, ^THAT.
My first thought was "Egads, where is she that they are going frozen spider webs already??" I am sooooooooo not ready for winter.

Jaca, can I come stay with you and the wifey for the winter? :D

Absolutely, and please bring some fireflies :triumphant:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back