Frosty Leaves in B&W

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This morning we had a gorgeous frost so I went for a wander. These leaves were delicious but I had to shoot in the shade to get frost that hadn't melted yet from the sun and the light was somewhat flat. The leaves were yellow and colour did absolutely nothing for the shot so I decided to go black an white. I used a green filter for the conversion to define the lines.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

B&W was definitely the right call here! It's all about the pattern, and the bit of frost just helps with the contrast. Good one!

Thanks Terri! :)

I do love the look of frosted leaves; don't like having the frost that makes it possible, though.

This is nice; good contrast and I like the b&w here.

Just a thought: Wonder how this would look as a square crop, cropping that top pair of leaves off and then cropping what would THEN be the top set of leaves off to match the bottom set. For me, I think that would enhance the symmetry that is already there in the leaves and lines.

Thanks Sharon, I see what you are saying and I THINK I may have a closer framing that will lend itself to the square crop a bit better, I shall play ;)

Frost? In October?
It's a Great White North ! Canadian West Coast excluding. :D
Anyone for discussing global warming issue ?

Nice work Judy.

I love the texture here and agree with ^^ about the square crop.

Thanks John and T :)

Ok Ladies I tried square, almost square, 1/4 off the top and bottom and I can't find one that doesn't look awkward for one reason or another. I think the bottom is important because it grounds it by being horizontal, the top is important to the flow. I may be missing something though so if you see a good crop in there please share, I agree that it should work!

I like this crop, square will not work that well, I think important is the bent of the stem, add something extra to the compo. also the different spaces between leaves give something more to watch, not only the texture and contrast. In any case this picture has unphotographic look and it is quite pictorial. If the file is big enough to print at least 20 inch tall it would look nice on the wall.

Nice contrast. Consider rotating it 90° CW or CCW and making the image frame horizontal.

Thanks Keith, tried it but I prefer it vertical, horizontal it becomes "bulky" for lack of a better word.

Most reactions

Back