Frozen Berries in Ice

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:greenpbl: Snapped a few pics of ice covered berries while hiking with Clark Kent at the Kankakee State Park after an ice storm a few days ago. Everything was covered with thick ice, including the roads, so we had to walk, slip & slide everywhere. C/C welcome & thanks for looking!

Berries-frozen-in-ice-0125.jpg

Berries--leaf-0151.jpg

Berries--leaf-0154.jpg

I like to see the background. It gives the picture relativity to the ice storm.

The first pic. is more abstract because it makes me think how did those two little berries get there. It is amazing what you can find on a hike.

Thanks Flower Child. I just bought a macro lens and this was the first time I used it. I have a lot to learn about using it. I appreciate your comment!

That second one looks so unreal! Like it were a "fill-in-the-colours"-drawing. Like a graphic more than a photo taken in nature. Only nitpick of mine about the second is that the one little branch thrown all into blurriness now looks like a huge dust bunny on your sensor much rather than like a twig.
I see a mantis head in the three berries on the left in that second photo ;) ... silly me, eh?

These photos are all original, except I cropped them, tweeked the colours a little in PS and sharpened them a little. The bushes were on a small slope and it was a little difficult using my tripod to get the shot since it was so very, very icy and I didn't want to slip and slide into the water. The park had to be closed to vehiclular traffic because of the ice. I did my best to get these shots. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them a lot & thanks for looking!

The third shot is great! I really like it, as it tells more of a story than the other two. You can look at it and know exactly what is going on in the picture. The first one could be a "homemade" effect in the freezer if someone wanted to, but it is still a great picture. I don't care too much for the second one, but only because the background reminds me of microbiology class and a petri dish!

Thanks for the comments MissMia & jmthompson. I cropped the 1st photo for an entry in our local Camera Club. They don't care to see much background. Sorry! As I stated earlier, the bush in the 1st & 2nd photos was on a small & very icy slope we were standing on making shooting just a little more difficult. Wish it was just snow out instead of all that ice. But, it was fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back