Frozen Fogo Island (Samyang fisheye)

camperbc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today my spinal issues eased off a little, allowing me to get outside for just the second time since before Christmas! (you may recall that I have recently had to settle for snapping the odd photo from my bedroom window) But I took advantage of my first relatively pain-free day in several weeks by grabbing my Sony A550, (with Samyang 8mm fisheye attached) my car keys and a can of Coke, and I was out the door in a jiffy. But I wasn't out for long; although it was mild (1C) a cold wind was blowing, so I mostly shot from inside the car. (I'm such a baby!) Anyway, I managed to get some nice captures, including some Fogo Island longliners frozen in the harbour in the nearby town of Joe Batt's Arm.

The ice is quite thick; people were driving their snowmobiles on it, and I'm sure it could easily support the weight of cars. When I see these boats frozen at their moorings, it surprises me that the force of the ever-shifting ice (expansion/contraction/tides) doesn't seem to damage their hulls.

Here are two of my favorites from today, captured handheld with the A550 and my trusty Samyang (Rokinon) 8mm f/3.5 fisheye lens.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland: about my photography:

DSC01202a900pix.jpg

DSC01200a900pix-1.jpg

I'm seeing the snow a little blue too, but then again snow for me is hard to get right in WB.

Nicely done. I think the snow on top of the frozen water is naturally going to have a blue tint. Great photos.

Those are great shots. I love the detail showing from the red cleat. Great job!

Two excellent compositions. Picture #1 is by far my favorite of the two. Just seems like a stronger composition, and the blue skies with the clouds adds just a touch more.

Most reactions

Back