Frozen soap bubbles (year 3)

great series, the bubble in the snow is my favorite.

Very nice. I think they are an improvement over the prior years you've shared. I see feathers and leaves primarily in #1, but after looking again I see JC's suggestion also. I actually bought glycerin in 2020 to try this, but still haven't gotten around to my first attempt! Luckily I had it because it was an ingredient for my handmade sanitizer when we couldn't find the usual stuff:1247:

Great set again! Love #4. You have perfected the frozen bubbles.

great series, the bubble in the snow is my favorite.

Thanks!

Very nice. I think they are an improvement over the prior years you've shared. I see feathers and leaves primarily in #1, but after looking again I see JC's suggestion also. I actually bought glycerin in 2020 to try this, but still haven't gotten around to my first attempt! Luckily I had it because it was an ingredient for my handmade sanitizer when we couldn't find the usual stuff:1247:

I tried glycerin last year and it was only a small improvement for the frozen bubbles but it was hugely helpful with the water drop refractions, to the point where i had an hour of shooting before the drops dropped.

For the frozen bubbles, corn syrup was really good.

Great set again! Love #4. You have perfected the frozen bubbles.

Ihave a few ideas I want to try if we get cold enough weather again! I need better focus so maybe a different lens. Been considering trading in my never used 90mm for the 80mm macro...

Most reactions

Back