frustration

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is just personal venting/complaining, you should probably not read any further ... ;)

OK, I went for the first 2.5 days hike in the mountains:

1. I never ever took such a small number of pictures in the wilderness as this time. :(

2. Most of the images look terrible and way below my standards. :(

3. I had to stay on lower grounds since I was physicall not fit enough (as some might know i had an accident 3 weeks ago). :(

:grumpy: :confused:

OK, the 55 mosquito bites on my back are fun though ... and the trip was not bad at all :) ... just those 3 things above really bother me.

Win some you loose some. Took my camera to the beach for 3 days. Got nothing. Nada. Took 1 good picture and I don't like that because the subject in question wasn't living (dead but intact crab, though you can see the death in it's eyes). Just have to try and make the best of it. At least I got to lay in the sand for a few days.

I hope your hike was otherwise well and your knee didn't worry you too much. Frankly I am amazed that you are hiking already.

at least you've had a trip mate, my last holiday was back in 1999. Remember that far back? The last century

I hope your hike was otherwise well and your knee didn't worry you too much. Frankly I am amazed that you are hiking already.

I am amazed myself (and all people around me) !! ... but I am not very patient when it comes to such things ;) My knee did hurt and so did my hip, especially with the heavy backpack there was some trouble. also a reason not to go higher up to the snow.

This was a sort of a test trip to see how i can handle ... and the result is that I will not climb Kebnekaise next week, the highest peak around here. It is easy to get up there, but in my current state I should not take any risks yet.

at least you've had a trip mate, my last holiday was back in 1999. Remember that far back? The last century

1999 ... would have to go to my archives to find out where I was that year!

Hmm, you should do something about it! go up to sunny scotland!

Hey Alex, I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago. I went to the beach all ready for intensive sessions and nothing. I was very disappointed. I guess I had built it up in my mind so much only to be let down. (Kinda like sex.:lol:)

1999 ... would have to go to my archives to find out where I was that year!

Hmm, you should do something about it! go up to sunny scotland!

wish I could mate, wish I could. But a certain white lens has emptied my bank account ;-)

Oh Alex, I can understand your frustration and being patient, but was it overall good for a trial run?

Last year I went on a backpacking trip with a few friends. I ended up with a nasty sunburn on my legs (it was very painful to walk) arms, and face. When I got back home, my camera finally arrived a few days later than I had expected. I spent a few days staying cool in my room while my legs blistered and peeled.
I feel your pain. Better luck next time.

Thanks all for your kind words :)

ok, here are two from the trip ...

9637.jpg

a bit repetetive theme, I know ;)

9671.jpg

Those aren't half bad. For all the crap you put up with, you should feel proud not only for sticking it out, but for taking some nice shots. Darken the sky a bit and show em' off to anybody you care to.

Maybe you took so few pictures because your standards are becoming so much higher & you didn't want anything below par? (OK I tried! :lol: )

I spent Sunday at the race track only to spend most of the races sat on the roof of the van miles from the track because my wimpy son didn't like the cars! OK so he's 3 years old! :blushing: & we did have a great day out together anyway! :biggrin:

Like I said on Sunday night to my wife, sometimes photography isn't everything!

(But only sometimes!)

Most reactions

Back