woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
*SOLD*!!!

Canon mount 17-85mm IS lens with front and rear lens caps. This is a US lens, not Grey Market.

I purchased this lens new. This lens has never been outside without a filter covering the lens. The lens is still in like new condition. cosmetic 9.5+ Mechanical 10. I have the original box and paperwork.

I will also include the Canon EW-73B lens hood. The lens hood shows a little wear on the outside, but works perfectly. I will also include a Tiffen 67mm UV filter.

US $450 shipped inside US
US $460 shipped if using Paypal
Will ship outside US, but at an additional cost.

Can I have pics of the lens to s14m3driver AT yahoo Dot com. Thank you.

I'm at work. I'll get you some shots tonight!

Just for reference, almost everything in my landscape, and my IR gallery were shot with this lens.

Just for reference, almost everything in my landscape, and my IR gallery were shot with this lens.

Just to clarify, I was looking for pictures of the lens itself, not pictures taken with the lens. Hope that helps.

And those are pretty fantastic. ;)

Well, having the lens in the bright light, and looking right into the front of the lens, I can see some dust particles in there. I can honestly see they do not affect image quality at all! But, I'm not trying to hide anything and they're there.

So...how bout $425 shipped inside US.

126777527-O.jpg

126777533-O.jpg

126777535-L.jpg

126777539-L.jpg

How does the lens handle low light? By low light, I mean less than ideal.

Thanks!

How does the lens handle low light? By low light, I mean less than ideal.

Thanks!
Ummm...I don't really know how to answer that?

I would say it handles low light like any other lens at f/4...but better because of the IS.

Contrast and color in low light are still good if that's what you mean. I've always been pretty impressed with the focus. It's fast, quiet and accurate.

I recently acquired this lens myself...and I must say, I have been impressed so far. The build quality is 500% better than the 18-55 kit lens...and IS really does help. It is fairly heavy (compared to the kit) but once I adjusted to it...it has nice balance with my camera.

I shot a few hundred photos at a wedding reception last weekend, it was dark and I was very drunk...but the lens & camera focuses very well.

While IS is great...it is not the same as a fast aperture...and blur can be a problem with moving subjects in low light...but it's no worse than any other 4-5.6 lens.

I should have been more specific, but you managed to answer the question anyway!

The most extreme use I'd have for this lens might be indoor pictures of bands performing at my school. Bearing in mind that I would be allowed to get very close to the action.

Most reactions

Back