FS: Canon 300mm f/2.8 L non-IS

tjkp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SOLD

I'm selling a Canon 300mm f/2.8 L (non-IS) that hasn't seen much use in the past couple years. I've had the lens for four or five years, bought it from the original owner. This is by far the sharpest lens I own and the sharpest I have ever used. However, since I'm not shooting much that requires a 300, I'm looking for a good home for this lens so I can pick up some shorter glass.

The glass is pristine, the autofocus is responsive and accurate and all the buttons and switches work as they should. The barrel of the lens has some nicks and worn areas in the paint from normal use. The finish of the paint still looks good, the tripod collar rotates and locks smoothly, and the locking knob that holds the lens hood in place still works (a common failure point). The lens hood itself is in good condition--a few scratches in the paint, but overall very nice. Included with the lens and lens hood are the original hard case, shoulder strap and leather lens cap.

I'm asking $1,900.00 and I will consider reasonable offers. Shipping and Paypal charges (if you want to pay that way) are not included. A personal check is fine, will wait for it to clear. Local pickup/meeting halfway is possible if you live in the DC/VA/MD area, otherwise we can work out the best shipping method.

Since I'm new to the forums, I'm not allowed to post links or images. Please contact me to see pictures of the lens. Feel free to contact me at tj (at) tjkphoto.com

SOLD

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back