FS:Canon EF 70-300m F/4.0-5.6 IS USM

TwoTwoLeft

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Used, but in "like new" condition. Lens cap & end cap included. Asking $400 firm.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
good luck with sale... brand new one is only $39.00 more and ships free with amazon prime.

Amazon.com: Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

Seriously? Do idiots like you not think before you post this kind of stuff? What was the point of that?? If you're not interested then don't say anything! Dumbass.

which is exactly why i say that. a new one comes with a warranty and piece of mind. discounting it 10% in hopes that some poor schlep picks it up is not right.

good luck with sale... brand new one is only $39.00 more and ships free with amazon prime.

Amazon.com: Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

Seriously? Do idiots like you not think before you post this kind of stuff? What was the point of that?? If you're not interested then don't say anything! Dumbass.

Lets try to remain level headed and respectful here. JonathanNYC has taken time to point out that your offer on the price on the lens is unlikely to garner much of a response considering its price compared to a brand new unit from a leading online retailer. If you were selling in person to people buying from the highstreet you might have more luck, but online, where prices tend to be lower, most buyers will already know about the net price.

The choice as to price you ask for is yours, but that won't stop people trying to help and advise if your price is way off mark compared to what would be expected

(ps you might find searching completed listings for second hand copies on Ebay of help for getting a rough idea of hte market price).

I understand trying to make some aware of pricing but don't put him on blast in his thread, at least be generous enough to do it via pm. That's just my .02 cents.

Why would he want to only help the OP (seller)? There are thousands of potential buyer on this forum. The purpose of the forum is to help each other. I think pointing out an over priced deal is just as legitimate as pointing out a great deal.

I don't, because there is usually a difference between asking price, and selling price.

Plus the seller can always lower the asking price if there is no response to the ad.

I think JonathanNYC was out of line by posting the comment in the tread, and agree with Rendil sending the OP a PM would have been more appropriate.

Starting with a high asking price is a time honored sales technique that then allows room for negotiating the selling price.

Starting with a high asking price is a time honored sales technique that then allows room for negotiating the selling price.

As a smart consumer, when someone lists "firm" for a used item, I would just rather buy a new one for slightly more as Jonathan pointed out. It would include a warranty as well. If the OP had posted "or best offer," things would be different IMO.

As a smart consumer, when someone lists "firm" for a used item, I would just rather buy a new one for slightly more as Jonathan pointed out. It would include a warranty as well. If the OP had posted "or best offer," things would be different IMO.

that's exactly why, i wasn't trying to "put him on the spot" but the way he phrased it when he said "firm" just made it seem like he was giving everyone a great price and I simply wanted to let him know that it really wasn't. So instead of him trying to bump this thread repeatedly over the next few months, he could go back, review his price, and hope for a quick sale. :thumbup:

Good luck selling that lens here. I had one and was asking 390 shipped and was having trouble. Ended up letting it go for 380+20 shipping on ebay and got 350 after fees. Just my 2 cents. I realize it is off topic but I am not going to comment on price seeing as it is none of my business. It is hard to sell this lens though for the price you want outside of ebay. You might get lucky on craigslist though if you don't mind a million spam emails to sift through. Glws

I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head and telling them to buy it for that price! Nor anywhere did I say that was a great deal. In the negotiation world "firm" means I'm trying to get as close to that price as I can while keeping away the "OBO" lowballers. Anyone with half a brain who is interested could have simply asked me about it and shot me a reasonable offer. No one asked for the whistle blowing price police...

Who cares if I did sell it for what I was asking? It's nobody's F'n business but mine and who bought it. So unless you want to make me an offer mind your own damn business! If you were really trying to be helpful a PM would have worked just fine. Then I could have made the decision if I wanted to lower MY price on MY lens in MY thread that I started...

Oh and when this was originally posted there was no rebate and B&H was selling them new for $549....

This just in....

SOLD! Thread sat for months... Start a little drama and the crowd goes wild! God I love TPF.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back