What's new

FS: D5100 w/ 18-55mm Nikon lens - 550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridafun

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So basically it's brand new. I got it on July 20'th from amazon, it probably got here on the 24'th.

If you want pictures or anything just send me an email at it has around 350 actuation on it and includes literally everything such as the charger, battery, carrying strap, lens cap, sensor cap and what not as well.
So please get back to me as soon as possible.

Once again, I am asking 550 dollars and would prefer an amazon giftcard to keep things simple.
Look forward to any emails I get and am willing to do any shots of the product you want. Albeit with a phone, as this is my last camera..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know. Sorry about the scam, PayPal will take care of it.
 
So basically it's brand new. I got it on July 20'th from amazon, it probably got here on the 24'th.

...

Once again, I am asking 550 dollars and would prefer an amazon giftcard to keep things simple.
Look forward to any emails I get and am willing to do any shots of the product you want. Albeit with a phone, as this is my last camera..

I'll bet you would prefer that. *I'd* prefer if you just send me the camera, let me check it out, then if it's acceptable, I'll send you the gift card. "Really" I will. TRUST me. :biglaugh:
 
These threads are popping up all over. I do find them rather amusing to say the least.
 
LOL, "sensor cap".
 
And people wonder why we are so skeptical. Sheesh. Go away!!!
 
This bull**** really is getting ridiculous.

There's got to be a better way to run the buy/sell forum.
 
This bull**** really is getting ridiculous.

There's got to be a better way to run the buy/sell forum.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/281551-buy-sell-section-rules.html

Advice to users of the Buy and Sell section
.

Remember all trades here are done at your own risk, however you can take measures to reduce the risk to yourself with trading, including the following;

1) Whilst it's no guarantee, trading with members who have an established forum presence is advised. Generally contributing members to a community are less likely to scam the community; check post counts, registered dates etc...

2) Reject any offers that sound dodgy; examples include:
a) Payment by non-traceable methods - eg Western Union transfers
b) Offers to pay far more than the listed price for the item

3) Use protected methods to pay - paypal - creditcards - ebay.

4) The use of a legitimate mediation company (users own responsibility to check validity of said company - always use google and search for the legitimate website, don't auto trust links given to you). Note this will come with additional costs and time delays.

5) Sellers may wish to list ebay accounts if they hold good feedback and standing even if the trade is not taking place on ebay. Note that buyers should always confirm the status of the account holder of the listed ebay account by messaging the account in ebay itself. Buyers can also use ebay standings for similar purposes when offering to purchase (and again buyers must confirm account status)
 
I do think a minimum # of posts would help a lot. We see a LOT of one hit wonders in here. Maybe 100 posts?
 
Yeah Keith, I got that. Thanks.

That's going to solve exactly 0% of the problem.

Almost every single one of these scamming b-st-rds have less than 10 posts. Coincidence? Nope.

"advice" doesn't equal "rules". A reasonably high minimum post count requirement would likely scare off the vast majority of the drive-by idiots who muck up the forum.
 
I think using ebay as a messaging service might be your safest bet. Not only does it let you see if this person has adequate ebay feedback, but it also archives the messages you exchange regarding the transaction details, should you ever have an issue you can bring the issue up to ebay fraud dept and you also have paypal backing you.

And the most simple rule would be to trust your gut, in Robert Dineiro's words, "if there is ever any doubt, there is NO doubt."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom