What's new

FS: Nikon D5100 w/ 18-55mm Nikkor lens, Canon 5D Mark II w/ Canon EF 24-105 F/4l IS

I want to buy his 5D II combo, but he did not answer all my questions, so I steered away. Lucky me.:)
 
UPDATE:

Payment was sent through Amazon payments, seller stated that there was an "issue" with his account and that he initiated a refund. The seller then stated that it would be easier for me to send an Amazon giftcard for payment. I won't be sending a giftcard.... After 3 days of not seeing the funds back in my account a claim was filed through Amazon. Last communication from the seller was Friday 8/24/12.
It would be helpful if you copy and past your posts regarding your experience in http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/288998-buy-sell-negative-feedback-members.html

Notifying TPF staff of a possible scammer using TPF's Buy/Sell forum by using the post Report function is also advisable.
 
It would be helpful if you copy and past your posts regarding your experience in http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/buy-sell/288998-buy-sell-negative-feedback-members.html

Notifying TPF staff of a possible scammer using TPF's Buy/Sell forum by using the post Report function is also advisable.

I saw that referenced in another for sale thread but wanted to give the seller a chance to make things right prior to labeling him as a scammer. I'll post in the appropriate forum at the end of the week.


UPDATE

After a call to Amazon yesterday, "send money" transactions are not covered by the buyer dispute program. However, I was able to get a refund. My Amazon account now shows a transaction for the full refund amount, however it does not show in the "Account Balance" portion of the account. I likely have to wait another few business days to have full access to my funds.

Lessons learned for buyers and sellers? Use Paypal or cash. If the 3% fee is going to break the bank, you have other issues you need to deal with first.
 
Keep us posted! Hope you get all your money back
 
UPDATE


​Refund received from Amazon. No update from the OP at this point.
 
gratz on getting your money back. lesson learned there. paypal FTW! probably wont hear from the OP though..that's how it usually goes when this happens. he could have at LEAST sent you a coffee maker for your trouble! :lol:
 
A great example of why feedback is a must for me when dealing with online purchases. Typical Red Flags to me are low low post counts, lack of feedback and other forms of payments other than paypal requested.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom