FS: Nikon TC-17e II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Busted! I've found more and more scammers on the web this year. I've bought and sold photo gear on the web for a few years now, and the serial number is a very standard way to document reputable items. Run like hell from this listing. This person's reluctance to disclose the serial number should tip you off.

lol busted? I've sold about 200 items between this forum and FM with 100% satisfaction. I'm probably one of the most trusted sellers around here. One of the main reasons why Josh is such a joke.

So then post up a picture of the # on the TC or the "missing" box. :er: My initial inquiry only needed one question answered: whether this item was a US model and worth the price, or if it was an imported model in which case I would have been getting ripped off.

Your defensive attitude and reluctance to answer such rudimentary questions about the item so buyers are aware of what they are getting already made a quick decision for me. I have never purchased used equipment before, so I actually thank you for reminding me why.

Your question was for a picture of a serial number in which you claim to be able to get information that are not actually able to get... the serial number means absolutely nothing to you. I want an explanation of how you are the one person that is able to translate a serial number into a export origin. Once you provide that information I'll post the picture.

My attitude isn't defensive... it's calling you out on your BS.

The teleconverter I'm selling was purchased at Ritz over 5 years ago.... so the warranty is expired. You do realize the only difference between gray market and retail market is the warranty right?

They still will not touch it for repairs if it is grey market. My concern is more about getting ripped off since $350 is basically what an imported 1.7x TC costs brand new. Why would anyone pay full retail price for a 5 year old teleconverter (which you conveniently failed to mention in your post)?

Just because you are ignorant of the method that makes it nonexistent?

Perhaps this would sell better on eBay or Craigslist. They are easier to scam on. (Unless of course you can show visual proof that you are still in possession of the item and can take a picture of the serial number which is printed on the teleconverter).

Based on your defensiveness and apparent fear of being exposed, it seems like a safe bet would be to say this is a grey market item. Otherwise you would have just posted a pic as requested and not try to convince us that a grey market item is identical to a US item.

You're hilarious. You make bogus claims about being the only person to ever claim to be able to back trace Nikon serial numbers and I'm the one lying. LOL. Grow up.

You are obviously the ignorant one thinking that because a TC is 5 years old that I should just take what? 100$ off the price? You obviously know nothing about reselling optical equipment and know nothing of Nikon gear.

Otherwise you would have just posted a pic as requested and not try to convince us that a grey market item is

I'm afraid I have to agree....

Um... no. I clearly stated I'll post the serial number when "Josh the Mystical" posts his super secret way of back tracing serial numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back