Aloicious
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- Mar 12, 2010
- Messages
- 1,661
- Reaction score
- 452
- Location
- UT
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
- Thread Starter 🔹
- #16
I know, right? I'm really not wanting to sell it. but with a few other things happening this year I need to downsize a little, I'll most likely end up selling this, and my 300f2.8, then replace them both with a 500f4 as my only supertele lens.
Sucks you gotta let it go. I know about how life can get in the way. I had all intentions this summer of picking up something like the 600 f4 or something similar but, the wife came to me with great news! We have our first little one on the way! It's bitter sweet. In either case, I have decided to change up the genre of photography from wildlife to portraiture. I got me the D800, both the nikon 24-70 2.8 and the 70-200 2.8 vr2. All while the Nikon rebates were in effect BTW! It's wonderful gear that I couldn't be happier with.My future big lens purchase is just going to take a little more time now to save up for.
I did want to say that while it's none of my business what your monetary issues are, I just wanted to pass along that I hope you and yours are in good health and that the future finical obligations are not because of an unfortunate situation. :thumbup:
Thanks, I really appreciate that. its actually similar to your situation, we're not actually expecting yet, but we're planning on it soon (it'll be our first as well), and I want to get a few things in order beforehand. (congrats on your little one BTW!) I just love wildlife too much to switch things up, I already do automotive shooting for my business, but shooting wildlife is good practice for that (I always tell people, "if I can track a bird, I can track a car"), and its quite enjoyable and relaxing to me to get out in nature and away from it all. so I just need to downsize a little.
480sparky said:Check's in the mail.![]()
Sweet looks like its sold to sparky! hehe j/k
I actually have a pretty serious offer locally that I'll probably end up taking, I won't be able to meet up with the buyer for a few days though, so I'm going to mark this as 'sold pending payment' for right now.