SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How close did you have to get?

.............. My Nikon tubes never did on my 7100.

What lens did you use? If it was a slow kit lens, it will be too dark for the AF module to work.

These are mostly uncropped. I was trying to see how close I could get so I was pretty close. I’ll see next time how far away I can be and still focus.

Nikon has never made any autofocusing extension tubes...none. So no, no Nikon-branded tubes will autofocus. KENKO has made AF tubes for Nikon F-mount, as have other third-party companies and importers.

Kenko, Fotoxio,Vello, etc.. have had various AF tubes for most common lens mounts...

Mum's the word. Three and Four are my favs. Good to know about the JJC tubes.
Thanks Gary.

Nikon has never made any autofocusing extension tubes...none. So no, no Nikon-branded tubes will autofocus. KENKO has made AF tubes for Nikon F-mount, as have other third-party companies and importers.

I didn’t mean to imply that they were made by Nikon. Poor sentence structure on my part. I meant the tubes I bought for my Nikon. I don’t remember the brand and I’ve already given them away so I can’t check. They were cheap ones that advertised as having AF capabilities. Used them with my kit lens and never heard any AF noises so I don’t think the contacts worked at all.

really like 4!

Most reactions

Back