Fuji Announces X-Pro3 w/Improved Optical Viewfinder

8-bit TIFF offers practically no advantage over an 8-bit jpeg in my opinion, but a 16 bit TIFF is nice because, well it's 16 bit and has a lot more color information. But as we all know, a 16-bit tiff file is huge. I would rather see added PNG or dng support, rather than TIFF.

I think the X-Pro 3 is genius. Sad to see many people dont like it.

I dont care about film simulations. People who buy large sensor cameras and then only use them with JPEG are very weird. If you spent this much on a camera, why dont you want to get the maximum quality possible from it ? And JPEG is far inferior to what you can do with careful handcrafting in post production.

I fail to see the point of using TIFF. Much more storage wasted than on the RAW, and even the 16 bit version apparently only stores 10 bits, which is just riddiculous.

Really a camera that gets me excited. I like everything about it. The improved viewfinder is huge for me, as is the enhanced in camera editing option. Having a "s curve" edit is very desirable for me. I prefer to not edit my images, I really work to get the images as I see fit in the camera. That back window is something great for me as I switch simulations a lot while I shoot. The new simulation pro neg looks super nice and I like that you can control the chrome effect blue channel, just what the doctor ordered in my book. I could care less about the flip screen, I just don't use them. I rarely preview the image after making it. If I do, its via the evf because my XT2 lcd is always off. Most of my stuff is in the Q menu and adjust via evf. The focal length optical view finder is super, I used the optical a lot when I had a XP2. The focus range limiter is fantastic as I love to shoot that way when using AF. So many, well thought out improvements. Fujifilm really listen to the photographers. At the end of the day, I see this as the perfect street camera, and probably the most technically robust still cameras. Another Fujifilm homerun IMO. They are going to sell the crap out of it.

I'm getting it in April unless there is a super sale.
Sounds like another big thumbs up for Fuji. I also like the back window--and contrary to what most of the video "experts" say, I find it handy. Not a chimper anyway, well, rarely. That covered up screen is not a problem either, Saw a guy at the same ceremony I was at, missing shot after shot chimping! I think a plain old film camera given to one of these who check every image after the exposure would have a nervous breakdown not being able to instantly see the image!

Most reactions

Back