Fuji Batteries, Watson batteries, Watson duo chargers

Dave Maciak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got my grip for my Fuji XT-2 Purchased used Adorama. Also from B&H 3 Watson batteries for XT-2. Placed the Watson batteries in the Watson charger plates on the Duo. Nope,
the Watson batteries refuse to go all the way in. On battery case says "replacement for Fuji NP-W126. Watson batterie is B-2109. They fit and work no problem in the camera and
the grip---slide right in. And, I can charge them with Fuji charger that came with the camera but not the Watson charger plates. The Fuji's NP W-126S units fit just fine in the charger plate. I simply tried to save a dollar or 2
with Watsons. So be warned!
BTW, that grip is as nicely finished as the camera and gives the camera a whole new and for me a new character, which I really enjoy.

Got my grip for my Fuji XT-2 Purchased used Adorama. Also from B&H 3 Watson batteries for XT-2. Placed the Watson batteries in the Watson charger plates on the Duo. Nope,
the Watson batteries refuse to go all the way in. On battery case says "replacement for Fuji NP-W126. Watson batterie is B-2109. They fit and work no problem in the camera and
the grip---slide right in. And, I can charge them with Fuji charger that came with the camera but not the Watson charger plates. The Fuji's NP W-126S units fit just fine in the charger plate. I simply tried to save a dollar or 2
with Watsons. So be warned!
BTW, that grip is as nicely finished as the camera and gives the camera a whole new and for me a new character, which I really enjoy.
Everybody has a Fuji/offbrand battery/charger story it seems. The original charger boxed with my X-100T crapped out after 2 years. Got a Wasabi 2 battery+charger that lasted a year. Replaced it with a DigiPower charger last year that's still breathing. No issues with batteries.

My X-T1 original charger is fine after 4 years and use it to charge batteries for a NOS X-T1 whose charger I left unpacked as a back-up. No 126 battery problems.

My takeaway, with limited evidence, is that Fuji batteries--whatever the label--show no real performance/durability differences. The chargers, though, are failure-prone. Friends complain similarly. Thankfully, they're cheap and plentiful. Glad you like the X-T2.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back