Fuji Pro S5

Kellog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Was curious if anyone had tested the Fuji Pro S5, I would be interested in hearing some reviews or maybe some test shots. Since I prefer the Nikon bodies (I just like the way it feels in my hands compared to others bodies like the canon) but with the Nikons I feel there is a bit too much noise on the higher ISO so I am curious about the Fuji sensor since I have read good things.

I've heard, but have not seen it, that ISO 3200 looks stellar on it.

Played with it at Imaging USA and almost fell head over heals. Great camera... Wish I had stuff to show you, but I controlled myself and don't have one (yet.) Have you played around on DPreview yet? I'm not sure if they've got a review posted already...

I got my hands on one at the PPANJ convention in Atlantic City. All around great camera. A friend of mine just got one and is still learning his way around the UI.

I haven't used one but I have a question. Since it is built on the Nikon D200 body and costs more than a D200, why not buy a D200?

I haven't used one but I have a question. Since it is built on the Nikon D200 body and costs more than a D200, why not buy a D200?

I am led to believe the noise control on the S5 is far better than the D200.

The CCD tech. of Fiji is much better, Aside from the honeycomb pixels which limit artifacting and noice here are some of the other reasons.
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]FUJIFILM presents "Real Photo Technology Pro" - the synergy of our latest advances in digital image processing technology and insights as the leader in "Real Photos".[/FONT]
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
index_1_txt1.gif
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]NEW ADVANTAGES[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]Powerful noise reduction[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]Enhanced moiré reduction[/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]Boasting 6.17 million high-sensitivity S-pixels and 6.17 million R-pixels for wide dynamic range, the unique double-photodiode matrix of Super CCD SR Pro delivered an astonishing difference in image quality.[/FONT]
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
index_1_txt2.gif
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]NEW ADVANTAGES[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]Reducing noise to a minimum even when shooting at high sensitivity[/FONT]
arrow.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]Wide dynamic range with smooth tonality[/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]Through a vastly improved signal-to-noise ratio and "two cycles of noise reduction", the RP Processor Pro enables users to take full advantage of ultra-high sensitivity up to ISO 3200 for images with clearly reduced noise.[/FONT]
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
line.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]A Broad Menu of Dynamic Range Settings[/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]FinePix S5 Pro gives you not only a wide dynamic range - critical to image quality, but also capability to choose the optimum dynamic range setting* for each scenes.[/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]*D-Range: AUTO/100% (STD)/130%/170%/230% (W1)/300%/400% (W2)[/FONT]
spacer.gif
line.gif
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]Film Simulation Mode[/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]This unique mode is the equivalent of changing film types to match shooting conditions or a desired color quality or tonality.[/FONT]
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]• F1,F1a,F1b, and F1c mode for reproduction of natural skin tones.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Geneva,suns-serif]• F2 mode for highly saturated, high contrast images.[/FONT]

I have an S2 that is almost 5 yeard old and it can still run circles around my D70 and my friends D200 as far as quality goes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back