Fujifilm Cancellations

cgw

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
This story launched a raft of recent "chicken little" forum posts that wildly exaggerated the scope of Fuji's product trim. For 35mm and 120 shooters, it's mainly a packaging cull with cheaper multi-pacs giving way to single(and pricier?)rolls. Not great news for sheet film devotees:

The Latest Fujifilm Retirements | byThom Filmbodies | Thom Hogan

Haven't seen Superia 200/400 3-rolls pacs around Toronto's main film-selling shops since spring.

It's amazing some films are coming back, but then others are fading away. But I can understand it. Unless you have the gear or a large stocked used camera shop nearby. Other than ebay that is. Younger generations not used to large or even medium format just don't have access to the equipment to even start.

And that's too bad. Though I have not shot my 4x5 in years. I do have some velvia and some HP5 for it in storage still. I might have to consider buying some to store before it gets too pricey.

Havent shot with Acros yet but I have heard great things. I may have to stock up on some other films before something like this comes along

Interesting, our store carry's single packs of Fuji 200/400 and all 3 of my local Walmart's still carry muti-packs, for now I guess. We do not sell much Acros 4x5 but do sell lots of the 35mm and some 120.

locally i cant even get 220 film anymore, just 120. just a few years ago i was able to walk into our almost local store and buy both for my mamiya 645.
(i had several backs for both 120 and 220)
they still carry a few 120's, and some 35mm, but thats about it.

I don't think anybody makes 220 films anymore.

Sales of 220 film backs have crashed on eBay.

Same with Polaroid packfilm cameras. Polaroid 250s & 350s used to be hot items but not any more.

But, the 180 & 195 models are still selling at fairly good prices along with the last remaining Fuji packfilms. Before long the films will reach $100/pack, I reckon. Unless somebody succeeds in making the stuff again.

Last edited:
Havent shot with Acros yet but I have heard great things. I may have to stock up on some other films before something like this comes along
you will probably fall in love with it. If you like your blacks, black. Very unique film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back