What's new

Fujifilm FinePix X100, Teh New Hotness?

Rekd

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
52
Location
Rural America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sony tried this a few years back, I'm not sure if they are still making their line of digi-cams with APS-C sized sensors. Their first one was the H1 or S1...something like that.

I think the main problem (besides not having an interchangeable lens) was they it was just as (or more) expensive than the lower level DSLR cameras. Therefore, it's only real good point is that it's smaller than a DSLR. But if you're spending over $500 for a digital camera, you probably care more about quality than size anyway.
 
The rangefinder forum crowd is all atwitter about this upcoming new Fuji camera...many rangefinder users are eagerly anticipating this thing. The sensor is supposed to be APS-C sized, so it'll be a large sensor for a compact camera--as large as the sensor in the majority of d-slr's in use. The lens quality will probably be excellent, if Fuji's prior cameras are any indication. The price is not going to be super low; I think this will be a very popular camera among a certain sub-set of photography enthusiasts, but I think the lack of zoom lens will keep the wanna' be types away from this camera...the serious enthusiasts who know and understand what one good lens can do will be attracted to this camera, as long as it works as advertised.
 
Thanks for the info.

One thing I'm liking for sure is the retro metal/faux leather body design.

Will be curious to see some more specs on this thing. I prolly won't run out and buy one, but its nice to see the market between P/S and Advanced DSLR getting expanded a bit.
 
The rangefinder forum crowd is all atwitter about this upcoming new Fuji camera...many rangefinder users are eagerly anticipating this thing. The sensor is supposed to be APS-C sized...

Hybrid viewfinder..... is generating a large portion of the attention. First real innovation to the rangefinder mechanism in many years. R-D1 and M8 already had APS (close to) sensors.
 
I really like the aperture selection ring on the lens body and a big round knob for shutter speed. The selection ring for ev adjustment is a nice touch as well. I really enjoyed using rangefinders. I still own, but seldom use Canon, Olympus and Konica rangefinders. Street and candid photography is a whole different experience with a quiet and unobtrusive camera.
 
I like the styling, i'm intrigued by the hybrid viewfinder, i'm very interested in how the lens performs, i'm interested how the EXR on the sensor will work, but i'd never own it. I find m4/3rds far more useful.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom