Fujifilm S2 pro?

Tyboarder57

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ive been doing the DSLR research thing on searching for the best deal for the money. Ive considered the olympus E-500 to a great extent, but ive recently come across a fujifilm S2 Pro for $429. i was wondering if anyone had any input on this camera or if the E-500 would be a better choice, as the S2 is an older camera while the E-500 is pretty new.

I've used an S2 and for the most part it's an N80 with a digital back. I don't particularly like it because the operation is slow, but I'd use it over an E-500 anyday because I hate the 4/3 format since it crops way too much, and the S2 is a bigger, more comfortable body. The S2 also uses the Nikon F mount so that's a plus right there.

I used an S1 for a few years. It was a troublesome product. If I were going to spend $429 today and liked the Nikon mount, I would throw in another $100 and get a D40 Nikon, or better, a D50. You would have a better camera.

I plan on shooting mostly portraits and some landscape if that helps at all

I used an S1 for a few years. It was a troublesome product. If I were going to spend $429 today and liked the Nikon mount, I would throw in another $100 and get a D40 Nikon, or better, a D50. You would have a better camera.

yup yup

For not much more than the Fuji you could get a 6 to 8 megapixel dSLR from any of the major companies... there's a lot of choice and I wouldn't base your decision simply on which is the cheapest. Get what is right for you and the extra money that may need to be spent will be well worth it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back