Full frame

If you mean this tidbit:

Then it's still a big, fat, throbbing, juicy FALSE. Just because you're shooting 8x10 film, doesn't mean you stand an inch away from the subject. And a compact doesn't mean you shoot from a mile away.

When you use a smaller format, you need shorter lenses to create a similar field of view, which means that you will have less depth of field on a given subject because you will use a shorter lens for the same framing. So if start with a 1.6x camera, to get a "portrait" length, say you need a 50mm lens. Then with a full frame 35mm camera, you need an 85mm lens. But then for a 6x7 medium format camera you need something more like a 160mm lens. And every time your lens gets longer your depth of field goes down. I'm not sure exactly what you all are fighting about but I think the answer is in there somewhere.

If you mean this tidbit:

Then it's still a big, fat, throbbing, juicy FALSE. Just because you're shooting 8x10 film, doesn't mean you stand an inch away from the subject. And a compact doesn't mean you shoot from a mile away.

Yo, Einstein, are you reading the same post i'm reading? Cause you and I said the same thing. What are you arguing with me about?

I said that on a crop sensor the depth of field for a given FOV grows, and you said that "a really shallow DOF is almost an impossibility with a PnS".

Got it?:confused:

Most reactions

Back