Full frontal

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Full frontal of a May apple bloom. These flowers are mostly hidden from view by a canopy of leaves. This wildflower grows to a height of about a foot (30cm) & typically in shaded areas. I was being assaulted by skeeters getting a few shots.

P1020572sm.jpg

Beautiful. Only thing I would say is, the slightly overexposed leaf on the bottom right and the flower on the bottom left are a bit distracting. As long as you're going full frontal, why not go full frame?

I'm familiar w/ May Apples, so I can imagine what you had to do to keep the canopy of leaves out of the way to get the shot. I like the lighting and the bokeh. Too bad that over exposed spot is there.

I'm familiar w/ May Apples, so I can imagine what you had to do to keep the canopy of leaves out of the way to get the shot. I like the lighting and the bokeh. Too bad that over exposed spot is there.

Thanks, it was a bit of a challenge, I had to hold a leaf off another plant to shade a bead of light on one petal & totally missed the spot that is blown out.

I normally do not like a square format but in this case I think it works as it helps bring out the 3D effect I was trying for.

P1020572crop.jpg

It really does look 3D. And the veining detail is much more noticeable.

Most reactions

Back