Fun bird shots

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to know what people thought of these bird shots I took while on my back deck this weekend. C & C always appreciated!

IMG_1308-2.jpg

IMG_1309-2.jpg

(This one I way overexposed - oops! So I tired to compensate, but not sure if it's working. What do you think?)
IMG_1647.jpg

Thanks for looking!:wink:

I like your hummingbird. Tough critters to catch.

I find that the background is distracting though. You might want to consider shooting with a larger aperture. That will help narrow the depth of field, and isolate your hummingbird from the background.

You might also want to try spot metering. I've found that it will often yield better color in your subject.

The only other thing I do differently is shoot in aperture priority, and shoot with a + 1 to + 1-1/3 Exposure compensation.

If you feel like rolling out of bed early in the AM, you'll also end up with much better light.

Keep shooting

I like your hummingbird. Tough critters to catch.

I find that the background is distracting though. You might want to consider shooting with a larger aperture. That will help narrow the depth of field, and isolate your hummingbird from the background.

You might also want to try spot metering. I've found that it will often yield better color in your subject.

The only other thing I do differently is shoot in aperture priority, and shoot with a + 1 to + 1-1/3 Exposure compensation.

If you feel like rolling out of bed early in the AM, you'll also end up with much better light.

Keep shooting

Thanks Jeff! I will try to do that - get out of bed that is. This photo was taken at about 6 p.m. with west light so it was pretty bright. I just wanted to see what I could get.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back