What's new

Fun w/ Emma

mishele

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
13,661
Reaction score
4,898
Location
In your dreams!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The family went out hiking this weekend and Emma had a great time!

I would love comments on the first shot. I was going for creepy.....but I'm not quite sure that I nailed it.
You can tell me if it is a hit or miss and why. If it was a miss feel free to tell me how you might of set it up.
#2 is just for fun....lol I just wanted to show you what I made my poor son do! You should of seen the people looking at us on the hike!! He carried Emma for me.

1.
IMG_0489-1.jpg

2.
IMG_0465-1.jpg
 
I think in the first shots your highlights are too blown to make the shot creepy. You need less pure whites and more grays and blacks to make this creepy. Maybe put Emma in a shadow, etc.

The second is a nice composition, but the focus is on the knees and not the face of the child, rendering the shot a throw-away IMO
 
I think the first shot, the doll is too bright and takes away from the mood your looking for. Either that or your doll needs to be messed up a bit. Get it grungy looking so it fits more in with the broken down house. The stair case would be a great shot with just the doll lying in the leaves. I dunno its all Chucky like to me and I hated that show.
 
They're both a miss even if #2 was just for fun.

With that expression on his face, your son could have been a great picture.


#1 is not creepy at all. Tape a knife to Emma's hand, do a "day-for-night" job, get inspiration from Chucky and you might have had a winner.

#2 same thing. Do a Chucky type thing with Emma hanging on to your son's shoulder and holding a knife to his throat and you most probably would have a winner... if the lighting was right.


But you are on to something. Keep trying.



Edit = With your twisted mind, you should/will come up with some interesting stuff here.
 
:popcorn: )cant see pics but want to look later(
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
Thanks eveyone for the comments.....

I agree the baby is just too bright. I might try to find a messed up baby dress or something to tone that down.
I think I knew deep inside that this shot was a big miss. I'm disappointed w/ what I got while shooting! I think I got a little cocky and didn't take my time. I really needed to make sure I was getting all my exposures right and have things setup correctly. Lesson learned.....sigh. I had fun though and can't wait to try again!!

cloud.....me....a twisted mind?!! No!! lol Yes...I agree that the second shot is a throw away also. My poor kid is going to have nightmares..=)

mwcfarms.....I have a few shots of the baby on steps but they didn't turn out the way I wanted them to either. I knew exactly the shot I wanted.....I thought I got the shot after just a few shots....lol I get home and none of them were any good. Tough lesson I learned! The place was 3 hours away so not going back anytime soon....=) (I might post one.....just because)
 
Emma looks photoshopped for some reason to me... cute kid though but it looks like you're focusing on emma which worries me a little ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom