Fun with Grandkids

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Great night with my little babies at their house. First shots with my Nikon P7100 as well.

Austin Carve.JPG
Fat Cat.JPG
Maddy Kitty.JPG

Ok...this is just my own personal opinion here, however I find myself asking, what was the point of shooting these as (or converting them to) b&w? "Kids" and "critters", to me usually lend themselves to vivid colors. While I did in fact shoot a good amount of black & white back in my earliest years of working with film, today I don't do such conversions unless there's a very specific reason to...something in the image that would lend itself to b&w to help create a specific mood or feel. While these shots are interesting, well framed, etc., I just don't see how the use of b&w really adds anything to them...in my mind the image(s) should convey some specific reason or intent for such usage.

Again just my own opinion.

Ok...this is just my own personal opinion here, however I find myself asking, what was the point of shooting these as (or converting them to) b&w? "Kids" and "critters", to me usually lend themselves to vivid colors. While I did in fact shoot a good amount of black & white back in my earliest years of working with film, today I don't do such conversions unless there's a very specific reason to...something in the image that would lend itself to b&w to help create a specific mood or feel. While these shots are interesting, well framed, etc., I just don't see how the use of b&w really adds anything to them...in my mind the image(s) should convey some specific reason or intent for such usage.

Again just my own opinion.
I was converting them "just for fun". I have asked a few questions on here about processing digital images to black and white so they don't look to gray. So, I am practicing my B & W. I did learn from the boy pic to the girl pic with cat on my flash exposure. I still have the originals but posting those would take the fun out of it for me. Thank you for your opinion though, it means a lot as you are light years ahead of me.

These are pretty decent "not all gray" B&W conversions. I like the last one with the girl holding the cat--that's a cute moment, and the World Series score on the TV in the background is kind of an interesting little tidbit.

These are pretty decent "not all gray" B&W conversions. I like the last one with the girl holding the cat--that's a cute moment, and the World Series score on the TV in the background is kind of an interesting little tidbit.
Thanks Derrel! Hey, I bounced the SB400 flash on my new P7100... yeah buddy! Of course, you could probably see that:allteeth:

Yeah...I figured you'd try that SB400 on the new compact! It really does make a heck of a difference to have bounce capability on a compact camera.

Most reactions

Back