What's new

Fungus

The_Pearl_Poet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
303
Reaction score
72
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments and critiques are appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • $Fungus 1.webp
    $Fungus 1.webp
    106 KB · Views: 60
  • $Fungus 2.webp
    $Fungus 2.webp
    99.4 KB · Views: 75
For what it's worth, I really like these. I like the second one better because it's got more of a focal point. The first one I'm not really sure what to look at and the shallow DOF is a bit confusing for the eye.

THe colors and subject are really nice!
 
Thanks for the comments. I burned the highlights in the background to bring more attention to the subject.
 

Attachments

  • $Fungus 1 using vibrance.webp
    $Fungus 1 using vibrance.webp
    109.4 KB · Views: 73
  • $Fungus 2 using vibrance.webp
    $Fungus 2 using vibrance.webp
    99.6 KB · Views: 74
I really like the subject and I like your exposure and pp. But. the big but, for me you have too much OOF background, which is distracting. A tighter crop, either in camera or in post I think would enhance the image.

Gary
 
Here are the cropped versions.
 

Attachments

  • $Fungus 1 Cropped.webp
    $Fungus 1 Cropped.webp
    106.7 KB · Views: 65
  • $Fungus 2 Cropped.webp
    $Fungus 2 Cropped.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 64
What do you think? I like 'em.

G
 
I also like them. Thanks for the suggestion.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom