Funkacious Funk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outstanding……….Let’s take your rebuff one issue at a time.

Firstly, thank you for my title, “MORON”. I’m honored, but not sure disserving.

Next, as stated, every one has an opinion regarding what they like/dislike and I have mine! If you disagree then that’s your issue, “pretty” or not. Much of the abstract “art” was created way after the named artists were famous. At that point everything with their names on it was in demand. They all painted a lot crap in their later years! I personally do not care to debate this particular issue. Take it or leave it.

As to world class shots from Moscow….show me! And I will offer my opinion as I am a viewer and have that right! I will also offer my opinion when compared to Mr. jopjassa’ photos.

And, there are fools out there who think they are excellent judges of art when in fact they tend to be raving idiots flapping their arms declaring they found brilliance. They are the ones who entice others into believing crap is art. It’s great you’re able to sell your stuff at those prices…..keep up the good work.

Lastly I offer you a shot of my wall……is this abstract enough for you????
Recognize the artist?

7985-Nierman.jpg

It's been a pleasure conversing with youse guys, come again! ;)

i hope i haven't offended you. if so, i am sorry. i do respect your opinion and your style. and your wall. but i guess when we give you our opinion we are simply giving you another perspective. dont feel we dont respect your opinion and dont feel that you dont have to listen to ours. somethings people say may not be so obvious to other people. i like your pictures...

terri said:
dmyshkin: with all due respect, we don't resort to name-calling around here, or we find ourselves bounced right out the back door.

Read the FAQ's. Play nice.

Again, as Terri said, name calling/flaming/ect will not be tolerated on this board. Civilized, RESPECTFUL discussions are fine, however, so please keep things that way.

Also, dmyshkin, you said the OP's pics reminded you of some great pics, which you posted, but you did not say if they were yours. Posting pictures that are not your own is not permitted here due to copyright issues. If those are not yours, please edit them to links, and not so they show up as pictures in the thread, and give credit to whoever they belong to.

There is a link to the Forum's FAQ's and Rules in my sig.

Thanks for your cooperation.

that is pretty cool. i thought about going back and using polaroid photos. but i just cant seem to get film for my polaroid 636. grrrrrrrrr.

here are a few more pics. not too interesting, but fairly abstract nethertheless....

(carried on from top)
tink1916.jpg

tink1897.jpg

tink1736-1.jpg

tink1922.jpg

tink1918.jpg

tink1919.jpg

tink1928.jpg

tink1924.jpg

tink1920.jpg

As far as the "moron" comment, it's just semantics. acsonpg definitely insulted jophassa and his photos. would it be any different if I referred to someone as being close-minded or misguided? The meaning is the same. From my perspective, I draw the line at profanity. But, since 'you're the boss' (g3stap0 moderatorism), I'll rephrase my statement.

If offering critique, constructive criticism is one thing, but it's a completely different story to say someone's photos are hollow without understanding the angle. If I don't have anything nice to say (unless it's a definite and directed critique that expresses how the artist could improve), I won't say anything at all!

What do you pictures say? Is there a theme? Are you trying to convey something? Where’s the composition?
In most cases this is ideal, but in yours, I don’t find anything.

I really hate locking threads. Enough is enough. We're here to discuss photography, not name call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back