Fur, feathers, and... Pets with Santa!!! (Image heavy)

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's that time of year again (Already??????) One of my favorite annual charity gigs... Pets with Santa. For the last ten years or so, I've been working with a large, independent pet store in Victoria shooting Pets with Santa photos as a charity fundraiser. This year proceeds went to two groups, one who funds theraphy animals to visit people who are in hospital, long-term care, etc, and another who provides funds to help people facing financial trouble pay their veterinary bills.

We shot about 65 sessions each day, and here are a few of the highlights for your perusal...

PWS_2019%20(1).JPG

PWS_2019%20(2).JPG

PWS_2019%20(3).JPG

PWS_2019%20(4).JPG

PWS_2019%20(5).JPG

PWS_2019%20(6).JPG

PWS_2019%20(7).JPG

And just 'cause... a couple from behind the scenes. We didn't get the best location this year (the mall "donates" the use of an empty retail space, so it's always pot luck). As you can see, lighting is pretty simple. Two lights, with 42" reflecting umbrellas as modifiers placed to give as large a flatly-lit area as possible.

PWS_2019_BHS%20(2).JPG

PWS_2019_BHS%20(3).JPG

PWS_2019_BHS%20(4).JPG

#6 is way cute. I commend you for getting all those pets to pose for the shots.

It’s the most favoritest thread of the year!

Always fun to see these. Curious how you deliver the photos. Are you tethered and printing on site?

#6 is way cute. I commend you for getting all those pets to pose for the shots.
Thank-you!

It’s the most favoritest thread of the year!

Always fun to see these. Curious how you deliver the photos. Are you tethered and printing on site?
Thanks! That's sort of how we separate our shoot from the others. I actually go through all the images, level, crop, colour-correct, etc, and then high-res, print-ready files are delivered via e-mail by other members of the gourp

Nice dogs, I hope they were being good...........
Mostly... ish! :lol: No one got bitten, no major accidents...

I agree with Sharon - I always look forward to these shots! :)

That last shot with the bird! :586:

Great photos for a great cause. Thanks for sharing. The dogs all looked quite happy to be with Santa.

Great shots!! The first is cuteness overload and the last with the bird, is hilarious!

I even had to call my wife over to see the parrot! Splendid!

Joe

It's that time of year again (Already??????) One of my favorite annual charity gigs... Pets with Santa. For the last ten years or so, I've been working with a large, independent pet store in Victoria shooting Pets with Santa photos as a charity fundraiser. This year proceeds went to two groups, one who funds theraphy animals to visit people who are in hospital, long-term care, etc, and another who provides funds to help people facing financial trouble pay their veterinary bills.

We shot about 65 sessions each day, and here are a few of the highlights for your perusal...

PWS_2019%20(1).JPG

PWS_2019%20(2).JPG

PWS_2019%20(3).JPG

PWS_2019%20(4).JPG

PWS_2019%20(5).JPG

PWS_2019%20(6).JPG

PWS_2019%20(7).JPG

And just 'cause... a couple from behind the scenes. We didn't get the best location this year (the mall "donates" the use of an empty retail space, so it's always pot luck). As you can see, lighting is pretty simple. Two lights, with 42" reflecting umbrellas as modifiers placed to give as large a flatly-lit area as possible.

PWS_2019_BHS%20(2).JPG

PWS_2019_BHS%20(3).JPG

PWS_2019_BHS%20(4).JPG
Great shots, informative post, and for a great cause!

At the risk of being accused of parroting what has already been said by others, I will say that my favorite of these is the last one...

Loved this thread... beautiful photos...

Same as everyone else.... last one is a corker. Oh, can I steal the image?

Great set, all of them special in their own way but since I love German Shepherds it's #7 for me. Thanks for sharing!

I agree with Sharon - I always look forward to these shots! :)

That last shot with the bird! :586:
Thanks Lenny! The bird was a hoot... I've never actually seen a leash-trained parrot before.

Great photos for a great cause. Thanks for sharing. The dogs all looked quite happy to be with Santa.
Thanks! Yes, for the most part they were. A few were a little nervous, but overall, it was good.

Great shots!! The first is cuteness overload and the last with the bird, is hilarious!
Thanks!

I even had to call my wife over to see the parrot! Splendid!
Joe
:) I'll have to post up the bunny in sunglasses later!

Great shots, informative post, and for a great cause!
Thank-you!

At the risk of being accused of parroting what has already been said by others, I will say that my favorite of these is the last one...
*Groannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn*

Same as everyone else.... last one is a corker. Oh, can I steal the image?
Thanks, man! Yes, you may.

Great set, all of them special in their own way but since I love German Shepherds it's #7 for me. Thanks for sharing!
Cheers! He was a pretty cool dog. Totally relaxed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back