Fuuck Cancer

JimmyO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4419019074_2296b0a78a.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah... the title of the thread is a bit much.

But I know what you mean. Cancer has touched everyone in some way.

But, I like your picture. I like the mood it conveys, very interesting.

Sorry about the title if it offends anyone. Mods feel free to change it. But in my head its the only thing that can be said.

Understood!

Actually that gave me some inspiration for another shot. I've never attempted to capture the thought of "cancer" in a photo but you've inspired me to do so.

Good photo! Title fits!

skieur

Cool picture.
I couldn't agree more with your title.
Here are a couple pics of what my cancer looked like in Feb 2005.

I'm still here!
Wow man, just wow.

God bless you.

Cancer took my father from me and just last year claimed my wife's mother. It's a disease I wish we could wipe from the face of the earth.

I'm glad you beat it man.

As for me the connection is to my dad who has been battling lung carcinoid for 2 years (never smoked in his life) and it was going very well until his last visit to sweden (only place in the world that can test for his type) and found out it spread to his other lung/hip/neck and maybe liver. He was the most athletic person i had ever known. World class triathlete at 40 years old, ran his entire life. For me the hardest part is the havoc it wreaks on every other aspect of your lives.

Sorry to hear it, JimmyO, and others. Thoughts are with you.

I like the photo. I like that the hands clasped in prayer is the brightest part of the photo, conveying that's the most important part. That's how I took it, anyway. The Livestrong bracelet is a nice touch.

Holy s***, Keith! Glad you're still here!

As for me the connection is to my dad who has been battling lung carcinoid for 2 years (never smoked in his life) and it was going very well until his last visit to sweden (only place in the world that can test for his type) and found out it spread to his other lung/hip/neck and maybe liver. He was the most athletic person i had ever known. World class triathlete at 40 years old, ran his entire life. For me the hardest part is the havoc it wreaks on every other aspect of your lives.

I'm sorry to hear about your father JimmyO. My friend from high school passed away due to cancer a couple years ago, my step uncle is battling it, and my mother has been through two battles with cancer so I can relate to the feelings of frustration and helplessness. I will keep you and your father in my thoughts.

BTW, I love the dramatic lighting and mood conveyed in your image. :thumbup: It is nice when a photo can speak to you.

JimmyO, I feel your pain. Monther, grandfather, uncle. We all know what runs in our families. Advice, you don't always have to be strong for them. Sometimes they just want someone to "be" with them and give them permission to be however they are in their mental "processing" and where ever they are on their path. While it affects all of us, it really is about them. Find support in your friends and loved ones. Don't forget to take care of you.

JimmyO

I sympathize with you.
I lost my mother to a terrible & demoralizing battle with cancer.

My daughter was diagnosed with cancer at 12 yrs old. We went through the toughest 2 yrs of my life, she survived. Good luck to you, your family and mostly for your father.

Most reactions

Back