bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Several months back, one of my dearest friends found out she had one of the most aggressive breast cancers a woman can get, Triple Negative. She's a trooper and has managed a positive outlook. I have yet to see her down, though I know there is a great deal of fear trembling within her. If there is anyone that can beat this terrible disease, it's her.

As to the photos: she wanted nothing photoshopped other than the conversion to B&W and darkening the BG. What you are seeing is exactly who she is at this very minute.

les-1.jpg

les-2.jpg

les3.jpg

les-4.jpg

Last edited:
Well done.

images

Simply amazing images....This puts things in perspective, all of my problems are truly ever so simple. That and Matthew 19:26 that with man these things are not possible but with God all things are possible....My prayers are with your friend.

Really, very beautiful and thoughtful photography. I might increase the overall brightness of the highlights, but that's just personal taste. Excellent portrait photography.

Beautiful portraits BD. I hope your friend’s strength and faith help her to beat this. She’ll need your support.

Really, very beautiful and thoughtful photography. I might increase the overall brightness of the highlights, but that's just personal taste. Excellent portrait photography.
I ended up knocking down the highlights just a tad because they tended to over-emphasize the furrows.

I ended up knocking down the highlights just a tad because they tended to over-emphasize the furrows.
I did one more, in color and did a bit more editing to soften her up a bit and was able to control the highlights more. What do you think of this version?

les-5--jpg.jpg

Bless her heart, cancer is a rollercoaster ride never knowing what the next turn will bring, never knowing how the response to treatment will be, or if it will even work.

I prefer the first set in B&W, I wouldn't be as concerned with the furrows as cancer treatments wreck havoc with skin texture. The problem I have with the color is the lack of light in the eye sockets.

Last edited:
Beautiful set! #4 is my favorite with her smile. Hoping better days ahead.

Moving shots. Hoping for the best for her.

Wonderful photos of her! They show her emotion very well. I hope her treatment is successful. My mom had inflammatory breast cancer years ago and wasn't expected to survive but she's still around (she's beaten that along with 2 bouts of glioblastoma's all stage IV).

Most reactions

Back