Gaboon viper (I think)

I've heard black mambas are nasty. Wouldn't wanna fool with one ... are they aggressive?

I've heard black mambas are nasty. Wouldn't wanna fool with one ... are they aggressive?

No personal experience with them... but according to reading, they can be. Not as bad as a Aussie Brown, but you don't want to piss one off....

Interesting ranking scale here... sortable based on various fields.... Most Venomous Snake | World's Deadliest Snake | Reptile Gardens

Good comparison. Black Mamba is definitely a bad one on the list.

I don't hunt, try not to bother any wildlife, if I can avoid. Surviving would be one thing.. but in a lot of cases people get hurt because they crossed a line and didn't respect nature.

That's not always the case, but it's pretty common.

I don't hunt, try not to bother any wildlife, if I can avoid. Surviving would be one thing.. but in a lot of cases people get hurt because they crossed a line and didn't respect nature.

That's not always the case, but it's pretty common.

Yea... that is often the case. We get macho jerkoffs on the trails around here... killing anything that might sting or bite to "protect" people. I have seen several get nasty tickets from some of the park rangers, to their surprise!

I don't mind hunting for food... but killing something just to hang a head on a wall to prove how big your **** is, is pretty stupid IMO!

I'd kill to eat or defend myself. But as it is I don't have to kill to eat... it's not that I'm opposed to eating meat.. Do it all the time. But that meat is provided, if I just drive to the store. I don't need to kill more than what's already been killed to provide me with food.

Now, if my circumstances dictated that I go hunt to feed myself, sure I'd hunt. If I'm attacked, I'll fight.. as would any animal on the planet.

But I place a high value on all life, so I'll never do more than what I have to.

I'd kill to eat or defend myself. But as it is I don't have to kill to eat... it's not that I'm opposed to eating meat.. Do it all the time. But that meat is provided, if I just drive to the store. I don't need to kill more than what's already been killed to provide me with food.

Now, if my circumstances dictated that I go hunt to feed myself, sure I'd hunt. If I'm attacked, I'll fight.. as would any animal on the planet.

But I place a high value on all life, so I'll never do more than what I have to.

Well said!

Black mambas are very aggressive and one of the fastest snakes in the world.

Right, well said.
I kill any 7 foot mamba that is hanging around my house. Just not worth it, knowing how far away the hospitals are and how 'easy' it is to get the anti-venom. I usually leave little snakes to be, or try to take a nice picture.

Well a lot of animals have territory and if you encroach on that, a lot of the time they'll attack. Humans are no different ... we have a territory, a place we call home. Getting rid of potentially dangerous animals in your space isn't something that bothers me... it happens in nature all the time.

I view that differently from somebody going out and looking to kill them just because they don't like them, or as Charlie said, to "protect people"... people like that do it just because it's in their nature to be cruel.

I don't blame you for taking precautions to stay safe around your home though.

Well a lot of animals have territory and if you encroach on that, a lot of the time they'll attack. Humans are no different ... we have a territory, a place we call home. Getting rid of potentially dangerous animals in your space isn't something that bothers me... it happens in nature all the time.

I view that differently from somebody going out and looking to kill them just because they don't like them, or as Charlie said, to "protect people"... people like that do it just because it's in their nature to be cruel.

So is it bad to go out and "protect people" and collect enough for a new pair of boots??? lol

So is it bad to go out and "protect people" and collect enough for a new pair of boots??? lol

That's terrible! Lol

Me personally, I have a lot of training.. military and law enforcement.. when faced with a dangerous animal I react without hesitation...

I trip whoever I'm with and run... or I jump around, flailing my arms and scream like a little girl in hopes that it will confuse and frighten whatever intends to eat me. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back