Gallery area for members pics

kelleycakes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Why not set it up so members can house pics here on this site, for people tp click on eachothers names and see their images, and leave critique.

I dont trust such largely public domains such as smugmug,etc...
People get their images lifted from them too easily.

To be honest as soon as you shots are online they are up for grabs - the only way to prevent it is not to post them online.
Some people put large watermarks all over their shots, but not only is it possible to sometimes remove them but they also hide much of the quality in a shot.
Most people will put a small signature on thier shots with name and a website - note that this won't stop theft and as the name is often in a corner - being unobtrusive - it can be cut off by a thief. However its not there to stop theft, what it does do is mean that if/when your shot does the rounds of the internet that people interested can follow the link back to your site.

As for phototheft in general most webshots are under 1000 pixels so can't be used to produce big prints for sale and provided you hold onto the unedited fullsized originals of your shots (the RAW is very good for holding onto) then if you ever do challenge legally speaking you have the evidence to prove that it was your shot.

other tips are not tagging your shots and not naming them - leaving the number given by the camera and maybe your own date - that way they don't show up on search engines.

As for this site there is file hosting for subscribed members. There is also Flickr which (if you pay a small fee for) is very good site to upload your shots to and is used by pro photographers.
After that places like imageshack and photobucket off up free and good hosting for shots

You can subscribe to TPF, pay some, and get gallery space right here.

what do they charge to subscribe to this site?

I think the answer is here - it's from the "TPF Announcements" at the very top of the index.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back