Gaming Laptop for PS/LR?

Warhorse

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got cold feet about the nonapple renewed Apple MacBook Pro that I mentioned in my other thread.

Is a gaming laptop a viable/good choice to use for photo editing/processing with PS/LR monthly subscription?

This is a brand new laptop that I am wondering about, and advise and opinions are appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/GP63-Leopard-i7-8750H-Notebook-Computer/dp/B07BYJNT4B/ref=sr_1_11_sspa?keywords=msi+laptop&qid=1574868897&sr=8-11-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUU5QMkRNVVdON1VIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTI3MTcwWTVGUDhDU0tBSDExJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2MTMwMjIxTjdZREw2NFMxQTkwJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think this laptop is pretty decent for ps/lr. Not too sure about the screen (you can get a external monitor if needed) but the other specs are pretty good.

8th Gen i7 (10th Gen is the latest)
32GB RAM
512 GB NVMe SSD + 1TB HD
Nvidia 1060 GPU with 6GB (I believe PS support this GPU) (1660 is newer, but I have this 1060 with 6gb in one of my desktop as well. (I use it for learn/play around with machine learning)

I think everything should be pretty fast with a setup like this for PS/LR

Thanks, I just now bought it.

Most reactions

Back