Gaming laptop for PS/LR?

Yes sir, I'm a avid PC online gamer as well so it helps to know what I need :D

What do you play? I'm a bit of an FPS gamer myself though I tend go sink all my time into a couple of games.

When I gamed a while back I played PUB G and Apex Legends until all the salty people came and took away the fun in the game.

I am not a gamer, but I'm learning some new terms here. "Salty people" is one of them that I had to Bing. :popcorn:

Now that I will have a "gaming" 'puter, I may have to have my 16 year old grandson show me how. :icon_wink:

Last edited:
Upscaling and FPS drop.

What does that mean?

Basically you're limited by your hardware, the CPU and the GFX card will only render so much per second, so if you ask your system to do more work (by using a bigger resolution and/or more detail) it'll slow down the number of frames it delivers per second. The PS4 doesn't natively output 4K, so the console will upscale the HD output to 4K which will increase processing time.

So if you have a game that you normally get 60 frames per second in at HD, then you output it at 4K you may only get 20-25fps for example. This will matter more in multiplayer games, especially against human opponents as they are so fast the lag (communication time between your computer and the server) may mean that by the time your computer shows the image on the screen another player can actually be in a different place. You computer will timestamp your actions and the server will correct for the lag time and decide which action took place first. So this can lead to examples where the hit registration seems off or you seem to get shot in game even though you've hidden behind cover like this example:

When I gamed a while back I played PUB G and Apex Legends until all the salty people came and took away the fun in the game.

Yeah, gaming communities can toxic!

I am not a gamer, but I'm learning some new terms here. "Salty people" is one of them that I had to Bing. :popcorn:

Now that I will have a "gaming" 'puter, I may have to have my 16 year old grandson show me how. :icon_wink:

Give it a shot, I know a guy that started playing in his 60's when he found World of Tanks!

Yeah there is a lot of gaming communication terms out there like for instance in Apex Legends the terms are...One shot, He's one and there is others.

Yeah, gaming communities can toxic!

Yep especially when your having a great game and then someone gets on the microphone and act like a little kid.

Same. Lol:biggrin-new:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back