Garden

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
The "cups and saucers" that held so much hope were recently brutalized by wind and rain. These guys get extra credit for surviving. Not sure what to make of the shot. There may be too much going on. In my infinite wisdom I posted it any way. The umbrella may be a little played out, but I could not resist. I consider the Garden shots a work in progress. I can not wait until September!

1740PurpleCups22.jpg

1740UmbrellaFlare.jpg

I think you're right with the too chaotic. Maybe a nice fuzzy background would help?

Umbrella, what about shooting it at sun(rise/set)? the harsh midday really makes it bland. It looks like it could have some bold colors...

jadin said:
Umbrella, what about shooting it at sun(rise/set)? the harsh midday really makes it bland. It looks like it could have some bold colors...

Thanks!!! I must admit that the obvious sometimes escapes me. I liked the photo. All of the elements were there, but something was not quite right. Now I know. This is why I love posting photos. Feedback is super important.

Anyway, you are correct. I shot this at 4:23 p.m. In my backyard the sun is barely starting to set. A reshoot may be in order for 6 or 7 p.m.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back