Gathering Life...

nice photos, i am a noob in photog...., i cant say bads and goods.

Goods- the actual subject is wonderful and wonderfully caught with all the right technicals

Bads- there's lots of space on either side and the boat is butted into the margins. That bright red shirt pulls the eye down

How about moving this around a bit, adding some extra water and removing the stuff that doesn't help.
Now the two men are at the strong points, the boat is headed into the light and there's enough space so it feels free.

68055781058c89fc1decbll.jpg

Nice shot, Frequency! I do like the Traveler's crop better.. much more dynamic!

Agree for the most part about the suggested crop, although I'd leave a little more on the right to make it a little closer to square - I also like the ripples and reflections in the water on the right side.

What was your vantage point? I love this point of view, but it isn't often one can achieve it.

I like the crop. It bring the attention right to where it needs to be. Fishermen make great subjects for photography.

Goods- the actual subject is wonderful and wonderfully caught with all the right technicals

Bads- there's lots of space on either side and the boat is butted into the margins. That bright red shirt pulls the eye down

How about moving this around a bit, adding some extra water and removing the stuff that doesn't help.
Now the two men are at the strong points, the boat is headed into the light and there's enough space so it feels free.

You can even do a square or a 5:4 ratio (think 8x10 shape)

That was a classic trim; Until i saw this i never thought about such a possibility

Regards :D

Agree for the most part about the suggested crop, although I'd leave a little more on the right to make it a little closer to square - I also like the ripples and reflections in the water on the right side.

What was your vantage point? I love this point of view, but it isn't often one can achieve it.

Thank you KenC; i took this image in the early morning from a bridge over the river....

Regards :D

You can even do a square or a 5:4 ratio (think 8x10 shape)

Thank you Joey Very much :D

Hope you don't mind playing a bit with the photo as well. Here's my edit:

Frequencyflippedsquare.jpg

I flipped the image horizontally to make the flow of the lines of the image more natural (left to right). I agree with Ken's comment and went with a perfect-square crop.

That bright red shirt pulls the eye down
This was my first thought as soon as I opened the thread.

I like The_Traveler's edit – this is just a different suggestion. I like the scene you captured, Frequency.

Most reactions

Back