Gawd I'm such a newb. 35mm RangeFinder pro's, need help inside!

If your using it for street photography you dont need to focus load some 400 speed film aperture to F8-11 take a light reading to get shutter speed and set your lens to focus at 10 feet and your good to go, but you should still be able to focus through the rangefinder

another problem you are going to have is once you get the rangefinder bug you will want to step up to a Lieca M i had this problem abot 2months ago and my bank account took a bashing

gsgary said:
another problem you are going to have is once you get the rangefinder bug you will want to step up to a Lieca M i had this problem abot 2months ago and my bank account took a bashing

Hahaha, I have already been looking at them on eBay!!!

gsgary said:

Hahaha, I have already been looking at them on eBay!!!

Ive been using a Zorki 4 for years but i got the urge for an M, my friend at our camera club has every M series but 2 MP's one he bought new is still boxed and never had a film through it

I started with a Canonet to see what this 'rangefinder' business was all about.. then I got an Electro 35.. after that, I was looking at Voigtlander Bessas, but then decided why not just skip all that since i'd end up with an M anyway.. M6 4 Life!

tumblr_m59m1cZ4c71qazvay.png

This was an enjoyable thread to peruse. I guess it's true what I've been telling folks--that you haven't truly done photography until you've shot film through a nice ol rangefinder. Back to the basics is where we caught the essence.

and yes, Leica is the ultimate in my opinion. I have two which i share a summilux between. So compact, so wonderful to shoot.

Most reactions

Back