Gawd, what an expensive week this has been!

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been having problems with dropped cell phone calls, so last Friday I just bought a new phone ($161!).

Then earlier this week, my GPS just quit working. Sigh..... another $140 down the tubes.

Three hours ago, my modem took a dump. So off I go to WallyWorld and shell out $95.

(Camera stuff is looking pretty cheap these days! :lol:)

***** session over now. Carry on.....

Whatever you do, do NOT go to the bathroom and take a pee!!

Whatever you do, do NOT go to the bathroom and take a pee!!

What possibly could go wrong with that? There's no electronics involved...... :er:

Just saying, most phones have gps built in nowadays. My iPhone GPS works just as well as any actual GPS. Maybe better because it gets constant free updates.

Wanna feel better? This week was vehicles for us.
Miss Em's car broke down in town, $925
VW GTI went in for "service" $1250
Motorcycle broke down $275

Better? Lol

Psh, I got a $4k insurance bill from the little guy's hospital visit.

Just saying, most phones have gps built in nowadays..........

Everyone tells me that, but no one can tell me how to look at the screen, drive, and talk at the same time.

Just saying, most phones have gps built in nowadays..........

Everyone tells me that, but no one can tell me how to look at the screen, drive, and talk at the same time.

You (and I) are obviously from the wrong generation.

Hey I am only 32 and I have 3 of these in my car to this day. For Maine, NH and Mass. I still use my Garmin when I go to the cities.

$ga.jpg
not my image

You (and I) are obviously from the wrong generation.

Hey I am only 32 and I have 3 of these in my car to this day. For Maine, NH and Mass. I still use my Garmin when I go to the cities.

View attachment 50359
not my image

I always have the old-fashioned paper maps handy, but they aren't as convenient.

Besides, I can't text and drive while reading them. :er:

I feel ya. It has been an expensive year for us this far and this week is only going to get worse.

This year: Had to replace our tv, our computer and our printer.

Just yesterday: Had to replace the master cylinder in my BMW ($689) but when they did the work they busted part of the coolant intake valve off the radiator which leaked all the coolant out and instead of fessing up to it they just refilled the coolant and sent us home with it busted only to try and tell us they didn't do the damage but would be happy to replace the part (another $400 before labor). Lucky for me I had it inspected by Sears only a couple days ago. The only reason we had to take it some place else is because Sears couldn't replace the Master Cylinder. So they most definitely won't be getting away with this. On the plus side, on account of his wife seeming "pretty angry" the manager would be willing to give my husband a deal on the work... assuming I want to take my car back to the people who screwed it up in the first place and don't have the ethics to admit it.

I feel ya. It has been an expensive year for us this far and this week is only going to get worse.

This year: Had to replace our tv, our computer and our printer.

Just yesterday: Had to replace the master cylinder in my BMW ($689) but when they did the work they busted part of the coolant intake valve off the radiator which leaked all the coolant out and instead of fessing up to it they just refilled the coolant and sent us home with it busted only to try and tell us they didn't do the damage but would be happy to replace the part (another $400 before labor). Lucky for me I had it inspected by Sears only a couple days ago. The only reason we had to take it some place else is because Sears couldn't replace the Master Cylinder. So they most definitely won't be getting away with this. On the plus side, on account of his wife seeming "pretty angry" the manager would be willing to give my husband a deal on the work... assuming I want to take my car back to the people who screwed it up in the first place and don't have the ethics to admit it.

Are they a BMW specific shop?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back