Gaylord Hotel ICE Exhibit

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Gaylord Hotel (I know, stupid name) has been putting on their ICE exhibit for three years now.

They allowed my photography group to go in before the general public to shoot for an hour and a half to get unobstructed shots.

It was 4 degrees, although they say when it gets crowded, it is much warmed at around 12-17 degrees. :lol:

The complete set is here: http://www.lyncca.smugmug.com/gallery/6570578_xcAns#P-1-16

Sorry for so many, it is hard to pick a favorite...

Oh, no flash was used. The lights are all from the displays.

418325037_Lnucs-XL.jpg

418312705_rgous-L.jpg

418309991_y6Zpj-L.jpg

418294084_f2to8-L.jpg

418295064_BdeGe-L.jpg

418303652_vL9JW-L.jpg

418299143_WBgLn-L.jpg

418298552_fL92f-L.jpg

I love it I love it I love it! The lighting is wonderful and just makes for a magical enviornment! What fun you must have had!

My husband and I have been looking into going there just for the ice slides! I can't wait to show him your pictures!

Right now my favorites are #2 and #8. I like #3, but find the lack of twinkle type lights on the left distracting on this one for some reason.

I'm still looking!! Christmas is my favorite time of year and I'm so envious of this opportunity you had!! :blushing:

I love it I love it I love it! The lighting is wonderful and just makes for a magical enviornment! What fun you must have had!

My husband and I have been looking into going there just for the ice slides! I can't wait to show him your pictures!

Thank you! The ice slide was with the reindeer. It went down the middle of the reindeer.

Right now my favorites are #2 and #8. I like #3, but find the lack of twinkle type lights on the left distracting on this one for some reason.

I'm still looking!! Christmas is my favorite time of year and I'm so envious of this opportunity you had!! :blushing:

It was a lot of fun. The twinkle lights annoyed me too. I took some others that were portrait to cut out the sides more, but I did want to show the whole scene too.

Gaylord in nashville?
No, this one is in Grapevine, TX (between Ft Worth and Dallas), but they are doing it at all the Gaylords I believe, but the exhibits will vary.

Thank you! The ice slide was with the reindeer. It went down the middle of the reindeer.

It was a lot of fun. The twinkle lights annoyed me too. I took some others that were portrait to cut out the sides more, but I did want to show the whole scene too.

No, this one is in Grapevine, TX (between Ft Worth and Dallas), but they are doing it at all the Gaylords I believe, but the exhibits will vary.

We have a Gaylord at National Harbor in Maryland on the Potomac River, but they aren't having this. :(

Really? That stinks. Of course, you guys get real snow. Maybe they just pity us poor Texans so they bring the cold to us :)

Depends on what you mean by real snow! :lol: Not by my standards!! But that's just me. I spent a few years in North Dakota and my first winter there we had 40+ feet. It was awesome!

Here ... well .. they may as well roll up the streets if it flurries because the grocery stores are all packed and people are running around stocking up on the essential milk/break/toilet paper like crazy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back