Gaylord Opryland Hotel

You should have gone around Christmas time... they do it up pretty nice. I've been to both, Palms and Opryland, and from what I remember about both, I believe the Opryland hotel is bigger and a little bit nicer. I hadn't realized they reopened the hotel though. I knew the mall was still closed but I just assumed the hotel was closed too. I remember when the mall was a fun little amusement park called "Oryland". They decided not to update or add any rides and now its a mall!

... I remember when the mall was a fun little amusement park called "Oryland". They decided not to update or add any rides and now its a mall!
A few pieces of Opryland are still around:

We (the citizens of Davidson County) paid someone $250,000 to turn pieces of junk left over from Opryland into a so-called sculpture named "Ghost Ballet". IF you want my opinion it's still junk, just more expensive than it was.

You should have gone around Christmas time... they do it up pretty nice. I've been to both, Palms and Opryland, and from what I remember about both, I believe the Opryland hotel is bigger and a little bit nicer. I hadn't realized they reopened the hotel though. I knew the mall was still closed but I just assumed the hotel was closed too. I remember when the mall was a fun little amusement park called "Oryland". They decided not to update or add any rides and now its a mall!

I heard about that. That would be amazing. I heard they put up something like 2 million lights.

I bet the locals walk through the hotel just for fun!

... I remember when the mall was a fun little amusement park called "Oryland". They decided not to update or add any rides and now its a mall!
A few pieces of Opryland are still around:

We (the citizens of Davidson County) paid someone $250,000 to turn pieces of junk left over from Opryland into a so-called sculpture named "Ghost Ballet". IF you want my opinion it's still junk, just more expensive than it was.

Hmm, that's an expensive sculpture. Maybe Davidson County needs to re-prioritize their spending :).

Exellent! Nice work!

Thanks.

Here's one of the fountain little closer:

FountainRightstairview.jpg

Hmm, that's an expensive sculpture. Maybe Davidson County needs to re-prioritize their spending :).
Agreed!! It was done by the Arts Commission without asking whether those of us who had to foot the bill agreed or not. It's pieces of the old Wabash Cannonball roller coaster that were scraped with they tore down Opryland. Rather than Gaylord Entertainment footing the bill for hauling them off we paid some woman $250k to build a cheesy sculpture from them. What a joke.

Most reactions

Back