G'day all

Jewel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

looks like this is the place to introduce yourself.

I'm in Australia, and as far as photography goes, well, a bit of a newby. I'm hoping to learn a bit here. Until recently all my cameras have been of the 'point and shoot' variety, latest an APS. Couple of months ago I decided that a better camera widens your options somewhat, particularly with my main interest being in photographing racing motorcycles, so I jumped in the deep end and bought myself a very aged fully-manual SLR camera, and since then I've managed to get some more lenses for it. I'm now experimenting with them. Good news is, the first film (with the 135mm lens that came with the camera) came out well. We'll see about the next one!

Cheers
Jewel

Welcome!
you picked the spot.
Post the pics and how aged a camera? I have a functional 30's camera.

*becomes suspicious of the Auzzies creeping up on the rest of the world.*

Thanks for the kind welcome! :) The little black cat is cropped from one of my point-and-shoot lot... He's sitting on the backseat of my GF's bike. Not the best shot I've ever taken!! I've got a lot of previous stuff on CD but the scan quality isn't the best. Some of the best ones I've had from the APS are landscapes. A 9000km road trip earlier this year brought about an absolute feast of panoramic views. I'll have to pick through the CD and see what's worth posting here.

Tyjax, the camera is a 67 (I think) vintage Praktica Nova 1. Lenses so far are the 135mm, 2 x 35mm (one's marked wide-angle, the other isn't, and they do seem to focus differently) and a 2x and 3x teleconvertors. I've had a bit of experimentation with various combinations, including stacking the teleconvertors. The next film should be interesting...

Just reading some of the other posts around, this looks like a brilliant forum. Thanks again for welcoming me. (and no, the Aussies aren't taking over the world... just getting louder!)

Welcome, welcome, welcome, One piece of advice, watch out for Chaseman's sheep....... He is quite attatched to it.

Just bring yer own wellies...

Welcome aboard!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back