GE 16MP SLR Camera,

mrslemke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all, my camera dosent do Distance very well, and I am interested in doing things like that, such as taking pictures of wild animals and such, and I found a GE camera that is in my price range (until I can save up for a better one such a fujifilm, Cannon or Nikon), its 16MP, a lens Distance of 15 feet, (i'm not sure if thats the right term, Im a Newbie) and its less than $200, do you think it would be a good camera for now until I can get a better one, and later it can become my backup camera? Your input is appreciated.

umm. i know it's late, but ... i've never ran into a lens that cannot focus to infinity - well, aside from elarging lenses. What exactly do you mean by "lens distance of 15 feet" do you mean 15x zoom?

Save up and get the Nikon P500 or Canon SX30IS. There's no reason to pay out $200 for a camera you can't resell for nearly the price you paid, then pay again for a good one.

Mark

Okay, Thanks, and I think I did mean 15X Zoom.

I would not suggest getting the GE camera. Definitely rub some pennies together to see if you can scrounge up the change for a better point and shoot.

The camera I use is a Sony a350, it's going for under $400, body. Sometimes under $300 if it's a bit beat up. Pick up a cheap A-mount Tamron zoom for $30 on your next paycheck and grow from there. It's a bit of a noisy body, but it works.

I know what its like to have like NO money. I had to sell all of my music gear and our TV to get that camera, and I am glad I did, don't let people bully you into thinking you need a lot of money to get into digital photography, and I know very much how it feels to really want to get into this but not having the money to spare. But it will be worth saving a bit longer, trust me.

For $450, I'd suggest going with a used D3000 ($275) and a Nikon 18-55mm VR (~$100).

Just an idea.
Mark

mrslemke said:
Hey all, my camera dosent do Distance very well, and I am interested in doing things like that, such as taking pictures of wild animals and such, and I found a GE camera that is in my price range (until I can save up for a better one such a fujifilm, Cannon or Nikon), its 16MP, a lens Distance of 15 feet, (i'm not sure if thats the right term, Im a Newbie) and its less than $200, do you think it would be a good camera for now until I can get a better one, and later it can become my backup camera? Your input is appreciated.

Dear Lord NO! GE makes locomotives and appliances. Not cameras. Google for a million problems with them! Stick to Nikon, canon or in the bridge cameras panasonic and ain't are making some great ones.

For $450, I'd suggest going with a used D3000 ($275) and a Nikon 18-55mm VR (~$100).
Mark

This is a pretty good idea, actually. Prob better than the A350.

Wait for the Black Friday deals on Point and Shoot! Its not the same as with most SLR's and pro glass where the prices dont change much. Point and Shoot cameras and even some beginner SLR kits get marked down around the holidays! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back