Sherman Banks
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Feb 24, 2009
- Messages
- 871
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Rain City
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I'm committing myself to getting better at this and am upgrading some gear. My goal is to have a basic strobist setup as well as a range of lenses that cover the ideal focal lengths. Here's what I've put together so far
Body:
D90 (going to order)
D60 (if it doesn't sell)
Lenses:
Nikon 18-55mm (own)
Nikon 55-200mm (own)
Nikon 50mm 1.8 (finding)
Nikon 35mm 1.8 (ordered)
Lighting: (will order)
Nikon SB600 Flash (maybe 2)
Wescott Light Stand 7.5 foot
Wescott 43" Soft Silver Collapsible Umbrella
Shoe mount clamp
Nikon Color Filter Set
Diffuser
Other stuff:
Nikon remote
UV filters
Do you guys think this is a decent setup? What would you recommend in addition to or replacing any of this? I know I'd like to have a shorter focal length lens, and a 300mm telephoto too, but that will have to wait. Are there any older Nikon lenses around 10-20mm that autofocus on the D90? And the flashes will fire wirelessly with the D90 right? Thanks in advance for the advice.
Body:
D90 (going to order)
D60 (if it doesn't sell)
Lenses:
Nikon 18-55mm (own)
Nikon 55-200mm (own)
Nikon 50mm 1.8 (finding)
Nikon 35mm 1.8 (ordered)
Lighting: (will order)
Nikon SB600 Flash (maybe 2)
Wescott Light Stand 7.5 foot
Wescott 43" Soft Silver Collapsible Umbrella
Shoe mount clamp
Nikon Color Filter Set
Diffuser
Other stuff:
Nikon remote
UV filters
Do you guys think this is a decent setup? What would you recommend in addition to or replacing any of this? I know I'd like to have a shorter focal length lens, and a 300mm telephoto too, but that will have to wait. Are there any older Nikon lenses around 10-20mm that autofocus on the D90? And the flashes will fire wirelessly with the D90 right? Thanks in advance for the advice.
That's pretty much my whole budget. I'll keep that one on the wish list though, right behind the new 10-24mm AF-S.